3 Years of Brexit… what are your thoughts?

Yep, it comes down to a lot of people not having the courage to actually understand how the world works, or being too partisan in their beliefs. Also as you say the fear of standing alone and peer pressure is immense for most.

@Fin25 Aye it seems like an impossible task but at the very least people should skillfully learn the rules of the game they are forced to play, rather than being used as pawns.

I think a lot of people simply just don’t have the time to look deeply into things, then there is the problem of finding accurate information in the first place, all the easily found misinformation, confirmation bias, and so on.

People should do whatever makes them happy. I’m not sure facing up to all this bullshit is going to make anyone any happier.

2 Likes

We’re all going the way of China but I guess some people must be happy there.

Canada just passed Bill C-11.

If only we were all going the way of China…
a 50 year old Chinese person can look back on their life and say ‘holy shit my life has gotten infinitely better in every way… and is 10 billion times better than my parents life’

barely anyone in the UK can say that.

2 Likes

I doubt Uyghur muslims feel that way.

Should also keep in mind the UN’s overarching influence and that they passed China/CCP details of the Uyghur dissenters and their families. How very peacekeeping of them.

I’d personally rather swerve further Lockdowns, digital ID, Social Credit scores and various other mandates.

Interesting that you keep bangin on about being skeptical about MSM claims and then also swallow MSM claims raw.

such as? please elaborate, happy to consider which MSM claims you are referencing and which you believe to be wrong and why…

I am not going to re-litigate the minutiae of various claims about ‘truth’ in the world with you. Debates that have been repeated many other places on the net.

But. You obviously seem to ‘believe’ lots of things and I think you need to be far more actively agnostic. The less claims you believe, the closer you get to the ultimately unachievable truth.

I was genuinely interested to hear which points or at least one point. Personally I think it’s only fair to do so when making the comments you have.

I’m always willing to take on board other opinions and consider them.

I’ve made comments and am prepared to have them scrutinised and discuss them.

Clearly you have discerned and ascertained certain takes on the world based on your response and that’s natural.

It’s interesting as you seemed to agree with similar posts earlier in the thread in relation to MSM / China / Corporate Technocratic Feudalism with social credit scores…

Cold, hard facts…

The only people who don’t share that view are jingoist dickheads and financial concerns who are still able to exploit the…nebulous…tax arrangements for offshore wealth accumulation.

Oh and those that believe that one day they’ll share in the spoils of the ultra wealthy. Until they’re dead and their kids are left wondering whether or not legally they have to pay off their dead parents credit card bills while playing Fortnite with the other hand…

2 Likes

Britain can’t be fixed.
English independence and broad decentralization is the only way forward.

elektronauts is not the place for that discussion of details. but again generally I think you should be less willing to take onboard more opinions and more willing to throw most opinions overboard. believe less!

Blockquote
It’s interesting as you seemed to agree with similar posts earlier in the thread

I broadly agree with the surface outline of ideas you have posted… but
metaphor: we can both observe the waves and tides on the surface of the ocean and we agree on their movement. you seem to actively believe it is happening because there are organisations under the ocean pushing the surface of the water up and down… I am -dogmatically- not sure at all why the surface of the ocean is moving.

1 Like

I’m pleased to have somwhat of an agreement.

I would say you are absolute in your position about England being independent with decentralisation.

However I think i know which comment now that you are alluding to and why you might not want to discuss that here.

Regarding your metaphor, cool, we all draw our own considerations. Im still open to taking on new information.

I’m sure I could offer you some advice but that’s just an opinion right…

1 Like

Blockquote
I would say you are absolute in your position

The first step to enlightenment is understanding that it is irrational to believe two mutually exclusive positions.
The second step is understanding that reality is incredibly complex and to interact with it requires holding mutually exclusive positions.
The third step is understanding that there is no enlightenment.

2 Likes

Is Amnesty International considered mainstream media?

1 Like

I was once told by a tutor at university to be careful quoting Amnesty, as they weren’t considered “reliable” for reference material.

I mean, it was 20 years ago, so very different worlds and all that.

2 Likes

I have said this before but

1 Like

Shit, all I learned at university was how to be unemployable in the design industry.

Right, so mainstream media, human rights organisations and politicians are not to be trusted. Got it. :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t help to see some weird parallel between Brexit and what is happening here with George Santos. People voting for something or someone and shortly after wishing they didn’t yet sort of rationalizing their own involvement by claiming that the wool was pulled over their eyes as those who voted differently have to suffer regardless.

1 Like