A Guide to AUTECHRE

One of my all-time faves. Amazing stuff.

2 Likes

I think it (Oversteps) is one of their most melodic, and has some of my favorite Autechre moments. I was hoping to hear a little bit of that in this new release and havenā€™t been disappointed so far, and theyā€™ve done it while still sounding fresh.

4 Likes

Lovely Oversteps feel. My fav AE album.

3 Likes

Sounds like itā€™s going to be very melodic :yellow_heart:

Ermā€¦ mine stopped saying ā€œerror code 220001ā€

EDIT: Now restarting with a different trackā€¦ #3?

is it just me or was there a bunch of stuff that was off key in there. it was killing me.
not much a fan of Oversteps sounds.

this is getting a little more interesting. ill take those first two as ā€œtransitionā€ tracks. from then to now.

That very beginning glitched out part of first track sounded suspiciously similar to that track on Quaristice, forget the name of itā€¦ I think WNSN or somethingā€¦ whichever one sounds like constantly closing sliding doors in a grocery storeā€¦ Then track 2 sounded like they using some modified version of known(1) synth patch.

Onto track 3 now, i donā€™t have any idea whatā€™s going on here but itā€™s cute

1 Like

After 29 more listens, itā€™ll all make sense haha

2 Likes

your logo isnt looping properly.
its breaking my head. :slight_smile:

these sounds remind me of beginning warp days. :smiley:

it actually is. there is a little intentional staticy frame. if you look at it frame by frame.

I thought the same exact thing, maybe a bit like fol4, definitely reminded me of Quaristice though with the textures.

1 Like

Great so far!

yeah like they are messing around with microtonal stuff that doesnā€™t ā€œquiteā€ fitā€¦ at least they didnā€™t linger on the off-key stuff too muchā€¦ maybe just enough to make it sound good when it comes back together? definitely gonna have to relisten to that one

trk3 ? this is one of those pointless tracks to fill the album.
updateā€¦ its just finished :slight_smile:

Theyā€™ve covered a lot of ground in less than 20 minutes.

1 Like

Thereā€™s some bass all right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s been 20 mins already??? That flew by :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It feels as if theyā€™re revisiting various parts of their career and then repackaging it all into something new but beautifully familiar. I approve!

2 Likes

what if these are all ā€œversionsā€ from the real album