A Guide to AUTECHRE

Post of the week.

:trophy:

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Hateā€™s started to have a lot of hard techno tracks that I donā€™t like either, if you donā€™t already listen to it Acidalia is better but tracks are added less frequently

3 Likes

Iā€™ll check that, thanks. :+1:t6:

1 Like

Stumbled on this.
It sounds very 3D , much more than Iā€™ve heard for a while .at about 1:55 ā€¦ the weird wobble noises

Sorry - off topic ā€¦not autechre

3 Likes

Thanks for the Warp Tapes. Totally missed out on these. Listening and really happy at the moment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Theyā€™re really good!

1 Like

This to me was peak Autechre. I know itā€™s all about texture and timbre with them, but Iā€™d like to actually have something decently rhythmical.

Remember there was a preset on the monomachine that really sounded like a sound on untilted. Actually bummed me out a bit.

3 Likes

Theyā€™ve used the presets :wink: it ainā€™t a bad thing. Itā€™s still music. :+1:t6:

And I donā€™t think the Roland PMA-5 used on Maphive 6.1 has anything but presets.

Itā€™s not making tunes on its own. I canā€™t make a decent freakin tune using the same gear. As Iā€™ve saidā€¦I thought it was broken. But, itā€™s just me.

3 Likes

I agree, itā€™s the music that counts. Actually it makes me respect them even more. It shows that they are open minded enough to push ahead with what works and not be bound by mental restrictions about what you should and shouldnā€™t do.

6 Likes

That sums up Ɔ rather well I find :wink:

5 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of presets all over their first album or three . Juno / nord / 808 / 606 /r8 etc. etc.

3 Likes

101, 303, casio

1 Like

I know very album and most EPs by them, but was totally blank regarding their remix work until recentlyā€¦ I highly recommend this compilation. Lots of gems

5 Likes

There are many more too :wink:

Back in the day, i couldnā€™t get into this one. Now Iā€™m stuck on it :+1:t6:

2 Likes

roel funcken did a nice mix of autechre.
heā€™s done plaid/boards/aphex and others.

and does a nice weekly show too
and he does amazing tunes of his own.

7 Likes

three albums for the price of two.

1 Like

What do you mean by three? Got me all excited!

1. SIGN
  2. PLUS
  3. SPILGUNS

Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

2 Likes

PLUGNISS

:thinking:

4 Likes