A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

I was thinking the same, so many new products! Maybe a consequence of the pandemic + chipset & components shortage loosening up and allowing the resuming of paused / slowed down development?

Also, so many BIG devices. That company of small gear launching the expensive music production desk surely saw this trend coming. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As deduced over at ||||||||, Bastl have a new complex delay variant / firmware coming for what turns out is the Pizza platform called Basil:

Direct link:

7 Likes

Are soulsby there ? Those new devices are taking a while.

1 Like

Where is my Malekko MrD?!?

2 Likes

Looks like eurorack stuff from dreadbox

3 Likes

Yup - 299€, lots of modulation and suchlike, but in a matrix rather than with patch points.

1 Like

“Multitimbral chaining via midi up to 8 modules” says the Dreadbox video. “Save” and “Load” and “CCs” on the panel.

I share the sense of general puzzlement about the many moves toward midi and polyphony in Eurorack as a sort of seasonal trend. It seems to me like the format’s main strength is timbral complexity (rather than harmonic). I guess polyphony lets people play a wider variety of styles and chord progressions within a performance case?

6 Telepathies can be chained … to make a Nymphes!

4 Likes

Whoa buddy. For that premium I guess we should expect real springs, and primo lexicon. Wonder if the delay is analog, read deal bbd. I see PCM also, so that’s cool.

Make it 9. Hydrahydrasynth

Good call!

2 Likes
20 Likes

Wow, that is awesome. Thank you for posting.

2 Likes

The Stellar edition looks damn nice. I don’t have a reason for two, but would gladly replace the white one with the Stellar Edition.

5 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s awesome. Wonder if they got Axel to do a facelift for it after his work on the MiniFreak.

1 Like

Holy hell. Arturia’s Microfreak updates continue to be incredible. Every time I think they couldn’t cram more into this thing, they manage to expand it in a way I would never have dreamed.

6 Likes

I don’t think there is any other low budget piece of hardware that gives as much versatility as the microfreak.

Arturia is really something else. Hopefully other companies will follow their philosophy
!

8 Likes

That new Microfreak reminds me of the old Endorphin Shuttle system.

3 Likes

Really curious about this one even though I don’t normally tend to do FX with my eurorack… I’ve only really got a Monsoon which is quite the different thing. I’m doubting though that the firmware will be interchangeable with Pizza as the Pulse output on the Pizza is an input on the Basil. Would be amazing if I’m proved wrong…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ace!! I literally just saw that and was jumping back on here to share the news. Good times.

2 Likes