AI generated art

:exploding_head:
Ok.

11 Likes

Hot take: it’s not a collaboration, it’s a commission.

1 Like

2 Likes

Think that one’s been covered actually :slight_smile: I think it’s definitely a fair interpretation in some circumstances, but there aren’t many artists that create comissions with the level of requirements outlined in many AI generation pieces, at that point you’re being directed (creatively).

But, in many cases, I agree that’s a fair way to describe it!

1 Like

3 Likes

Having fun with Stable Diffusion.

6 Likes

2 Likes

The AI images really resembles how I perceive stuff when I dream. Not least the garbled letterings the AI makes up when generating text. It’s an interesting coincidence.

What if the way the AI works actually emulates the way the brain perceives stuff while dreaming?

1 Like

Just blown away by SD. Beasties.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Maybe we’re all AI and dreams are what it spends its time creating when it isn’t occupied with running the conciousness task.

It’s often theorised that dreams are a way for our brains to rest and recover - but perhaps it’s just when the AI clocks off for the day.

1 Like

5 Likes

Experimenting with some album artwork ideas

9 Likes

image-26

3 Likes

3 Likes

giphy (1)

2 Likes

5 Likes

Really cool stuff @toot
I’ve been trying to stay abreast of what’s happening in the world of language models and generative art, with particular interest in following the implications for music. Not too much out there that I can find yet, but man oh man, there seems to be a lot of confidence that deep learning is coming for music, video, and 3D in a big way, and soon.

Emad Mostaque of StabilityAI is predicting ‘songs’ by the end of this year. Unreal. Tons of interesting off-hand comments from Mostaque on Holly Herndon’s podcast ‘Interdependence’ :

1 Like