“Amazing top secret portable music workstation”

One thing against it being a mini Tracker. I don’t think Polyend ever described the original as a “workstation”. Unless that’s just Benn ad-libbing? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I briefly had the M8 and it wasn’t for me ( the screen was far to small for my old eyes)- even portable things need to be bigger for me- I still use my MPC Love MK2 a lot as its great in the garden with the built in soundbar…not needing headphones at all makes it a real ‘one box’ solution…

1 Like

10 second video showing the backside of a TI82 calculator is the hottest topic of the week.

10 Likes

The best got dam decade since the 80s!

shakes fist in the air

1 Like

I put 40oz of O.E. malt liquor in the back pockets of my Jncos

5 Likes

Amusing how he’s convinced himself that owning that Tesla is saving the environment (even though it’s not his only car, poor guy)

2 Likes

The 90s were awesome.

Samplers were all in 19" rack units or keyboards where they belong.

5 Likes
2 Likes

IDK, at this point it doesn’t top the Syntrx 2 video to me. But it has been done on other apps on the phone. Not that something couldn’t be great, so it’s interesting.

1 Like

I have been using mine with my OXI, fully wireless, all battery powered…perfect combo.
The iPAD adds an 11 inch screen and amazing expandable sound module to any portable hardware sequencer (if you don’t like the but in sequencers that is…personally I wouldn’t be without the cool indie stuff like Fugue Machine)

1 Like

I made some calls.

22 Likes

Not with that you didn’t, that’s a calculator.

3 Likes

yeah but it calculates polyrhythms.

5 Likes

It’s awesome, but I just can’t make myself feel any connection with it. I tried sequencing it externally, but it still doesn’t feel as an instrument. Great for recording and mixing on the go, though.

quick mention top secret calculator toys or it’s off topic grumble grumble.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s USB-C. The power button does look like the standard Polyend push and hold. I’d be so happy if they released a handheld battery powered Tracker.

1 Like

Probably not. There are many instances the encoders would probably be visible at the top.

Plums.

1 Like

OK I’ve worked it out…

The rumoured MPC Live Mini is the Polyend Mini Workstation! :sweat_smile:

Some bloke on YouTube made a video about the leaked new MPCs and said there was a third MPC which was mini, ran different software, and made by a different company (and perplexingly that akai didn’t know about it). This guy doesn’t get many views for his MPC videos except this one, so people said he is lying for views :lying_face: Fair enough, probably the case. But what if by some quirk of the universe he saw the new Polyend machine and misinterpreted it as a new akai box :exploding_head:

Please post your Columbo gifs now… :rofl:

Raver or skater or both?