Analog Rytm + Eventide Space

Hi guys,

I am a proud Analog Rytm owner. I just bought an Eventide Space and I would like to link this FX as a send/return for my Rytm, however, I don’t know how to route this properly. I just want to play around a little using my headphones. Is it possible to send out one or more channels through left/right master (brown+orange on photo) and put the signal back in In Right/In Left and add it to the master mix again going to my headphones?

Any tips? Thanks!

If you’re just doodling with headphones can’t you have the main outputs of the Rytm go to the Eventide, then have the Eventide’s output go to the Rytm’s “Left In Right In” …then you monitor everything with headphones.

If you’re just doodling with headphones can’t you have the main outputs of the Rytm go to the Eventide, then have the Eventide’s output go to the Rytm’s “Left In Right In” …then you monitor everything with headphones.[/quote]
but that’s exactly what he’s describing, innit?

seems to me like this configuration might cause a feedback loop though because the wet signal will be sent out to the main outs again and back into the eventide. the Rytm just don’t have a dedicated FX insert. i don’t think there’s any way around getting a small mixer.

Yeah, no way around using a mixer for a send/return loop kind of situation - otherwise, you can just go the insert route and run the space at less than 100% wet. Same setup here, just pick yourself up a crappy little mixer.

The cheapest ghetto setup would be to use a suitable Y-cable to connect headphones straight to the Space’s outputs, and run the AR to the Space first. But yes, a mixer would be preferable as you get physical send level knobs as well as the option of running the fx return into a channelstrip (for cutting the lows with vhannel eq etc).

How you liking that Space? Got a H9 myself, loving some of the Space algos (reverse, shimmer, plate, hall, blackhole are some of my faves)

eventide space — such a nice pedal. also think about adding one but 500 bucks is a lot of money. For me the reverb from A4 (and i guess same for the Rytm) sounds really awesome, even it has no shimmer and modulation and blackhole etc.

Would be really great to listen to a demo A4/Rytm with some of the Space algoritms and in comparison with the A4/Rytm reverb. May you can record something / make a little video? I guess this would be the fist “Eventide Space with synths & electronic drums” video on youtube :smiley:

Thanks alot guys, will wait until overbridge to put my Eventide on send/return in my DAW. @Insect, sure, after I know all ins and outs of the pedal I will make a nice vid for you. Cheerio.

If you’re just doodling with headphones can’t you have the main outputs of the Rytm go to the Eventide, then have the Eventide’s output go to the Rytm’s “Left In Right In” …then you monitor everything with headphones.[/quote]
but that’s exactly what he’s describing, innit?

seems to me like this configuration might cause a feedback loop though because the wet signal will be sent out to the main outs again and back into the eventide. the Rytm just don’t have a dedicated FX insert. i don’t think there’s any way around getting a small mixer. [/quote]

Yeah, duh, didn’t even think about the feedback loop.

Actually you can do this now, and you won’t need to wait for Overbridge.

Read the “Killdry – Send/Return Loop” section at the bottom of page 18 in the Space manual. You can have the Space send ONLY the effect to its main outs, and not the dry signal.

This way you can use the Space as a send effect, and route the output from the Space to the inputs of the Rytm.

Enjoy.

Actually you can do this now, and you won’t need to wait for Overbridge.

Read the “Killdry – Send/Return Loop” section at the bottom of page 18 in the Space manual. You can have the Space send ONLY the effect to its main outs, and not the dry signal.

This way you can use the Space as a send effect, and route the output from the Space to the inputs of the Rytm.

Enjoy.[/quote]
Doesn’t matter it will still create a feedback loop…Eventide wet goes back into AR, which then goes back into Eventide, etc etc…wet feedback.

That is why you must monitor from the Space’s out and not send it back to the AR. Use the eventides’ wetdry to control fx blend to the dry ar signal.

Alternatively, you must use ext sends while disabling the same from master, and then route the eventide back to the AR by using the input. Again, use the wet/dry on the eventide to blend the fx to the outputs dry signal.

Thanks, this would be suitable solution when I want all signal to get FX’ed, but I only want to have two or three tracks (out of 12) getting FX’ed. You see my problem? :slight_smile:

Well, AFAIK those are the only options for doing it without a mixer. You can only send one or two indi outs or the whole master into the eventide unless a mixer is involved. Also, in the case of sending two individual signals, only certain eventide algos treat the two inputs separately (dual reverb should work at least), all other algos either sum the inputs to stereo or mono pre FX.

I suggest investing in a compact mixer, for ex the new mackie VLZ4 mixers are excellent considering how small and cheap they are.

Octatrack + Space works well! I´m using cue out as send channel to the SPACE and back input AB direct out 100% in the OT mixer. You can event add A4/AR to input CD and when you use it on a channel, you can use cue out as send efx too … and all what I can tell you is: some downpitched and retriggerd drum samples with Octatrack + OT dark reverb (decay ca. 120) send to Eventide Space Shimmer and to EM600 tape delay … these sounds are from another world! :wink:

[url=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfS39-wyhWk”]

[url=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfS39-wyhWk”]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfS39-wyhWk

Also remember you can plock the space’s parameters with the OT :heart:

oh really? hm … so pplock midi cc for the space on a midi track? and also may change the space programm per pattern via midi cc? Will try this out.
(but for live I like to turn the knobs)

Yup.

I don’t have a Space, so I don’t know whether MIDI CC messages can change its program. But probably you can use a change of Part on the OT to change the current program on the Space.