Analog Rytm MK 2 Freezes! [2021 onwards]

I have contacted andertons and they says that I should show them emails from elektron, the thing is that elektron responds me few times and now quiet…

tbf that’s all that has been happening

anyone trying to help would have to guess too without more solid info and a video - if it freezes standalone then speak to Elektron and explain to everyone what you do from a new project to arrive at a freeze, that will indicate whether it is one thing or another

the freezing may be random, but it would also probably occur standalone (with just power and speakers attached) so the only way to rule out other factors is to capture the issue standalone - otherwise, for a lack of any reliable info, it’s all guesswork and coming and going here, and at andertons and elektron with part of the picture

if it’s random and happening standalone you can be utterly confident something is wrong and Elektron will guide you, it’s in your interest to be a bit more methodical and clear to get this resolved

You right, I will do more research, for now on just midi din, later on I will add usb etc and we will see…

avoid din midi to begin with, especially MIDI input … just see if it falls over standalone - if so - it needs returning, simple as that

if not then be more methodical about what is added to ensure that you have confidence it’s not being overloaded or in a loop or so on - it may still have an issue, but it’ll be quickest solved if you can rule out a few variables and factors

if you can show that it freezes standalone you don’t need any more evidence, it needs to be rectified via dealer/Elektron at no cost to you

Ok, I have disconnected all din midis, switched off din midis, but enable usb midi without audio over usb in settings in all elektron machines, everything is plugged into force via USB (using not elektron hub) , I was jaming for 2 hours, pressing stop play etc about hundred times, no freez

I think it’s way to early to say that problem is solved but we will see, fingers crossed

I have the same problems with freezing, neither via the forum here nor via the official support could anyone help me. I use the Analog Rytm MK1.

I also sent a screenshot of the message to the support, but unfortunately no one can tell me what the message means.

That will need hands on analysis by a repair center i m afraid.

The testmode at the device was without error and everything was ok. I think the problem exists since the overbridge update and the os update of the device. According to the changelog, something was changed in the usb sound because some complained about noise. I think a repair is not necessary and can be solved on the software side by Elektron.

Elektron Support has also reiterated the following: „Exception errors are very rarely hardware related but let’s see if we can figure out what’s going on.“

Does anyone have a file of the previous overbridge + analog rytm os? Unfortunately i can’t find any previous versions.