Android digitakt usb

That’s super weird… If I record a video with my camera and play it back the Digitakt will notice. But for YouTube and Spotify it won’t.

Wow ok instant update; after trying recording a video with the standard app I switched to Spotify and it worked!!!

Can’t explain it but now it just works.

So next time it doesn’t;
Record a vid. Play it back.

3 Likes

Not sure if you ever got this to work but I found that getting this app to record with was what did the job for me. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro&hl=en_CA&gl=US
There’s an I/O tab in the app that makes it very clear that the phone is connected to the Elektron device. The developer talks about its driver quite a bit on the web page so maybe the magic is in that?

1 Like

thanks for all your input thus far - super helpful - i’m fleshing out my query to hopefully allow more folk to tap into opportunities here if they too are a tad late to the usb-c party

With regards the Chroma Cable linked (with a 56k resistor) … that’s just a regular cable right ?! the pull up resistor is referenced for clarity, but this doesn’t imply anything OTG which you discuss above (came to ask a Q and found the topic nearly answered) … the only anxiety is why chroma PR about the normal feature is front and centre

would a common or garden (respectable but no 56k referencing) B to C cable work the same as …

c(male)------a(female) + a(male)------b(male)

I picked up a pair of ‘clones’ of the apple dongle and they’re dandy on the mac

so when i’d halfheartedly tried this with a regular a-b on an android with usb-c i wasn’t confident it’d be as seamless as it was (once a few apps were directed to the USB source)

Anyway - i was wanting to capture Syntakt direct on my Android and not having a dedicated USB interface i basically proceeded and ended up doing something a bit daft - i plugged the ST analog outs into Behr-Mixer and took its USB into the phone … oops … no need for that detour via analog - shoulda gone ST>Phone

Anyway - a cable like those suggested could be handy for the ST etc into a Mac, but i’m looking for a tidier solution than the one i already have (hate the site of dongles, i always make a cable up if i can) so not too keen on stretching teh budget that far

a few options on amazon are close to a 1/3 of the DJTT price

so these are all good wrt the lack of highlighting 56k or irrelevant OTGness

To be fair one question alludes to using with a DJ controller, so seems all good … but gonna post this anyway as a belts’n’braces question to anyone who wants to chip in

It’s possible i might stick with the dongle as it’d be occasional use anyway and it’s always around for my iLok key and more cables is not what i need