Arturia V Collection 9

I’d like to try the new Prophet V and Piano. I’m not much of a synth guy yet, so for me it doesn’t make sense to have 30+ different options.

I’d like the Prophet cause every song where the synths get my attention ended up being made in a prophet. Also I’m a big Radiohead/Thom Yorke fan.

I’d also like to try the MS20 for a similar reason.

1 Like

The promise of “improved loading times“ had me excited again, but I benchmarked loading a few songs in Live 11, and the update does not seem to have made any improvement.

Until they change the way i which their GUI is implemented I’d always take a fair amount of time in loading their plugins.

They use different files for each windows size, so you’re not really zooming in and out the same GUI. This makes the plugins really heavy, especially the ones with several graphic elements like the rhodes.

1 Like

Live 11 is just bad like that with the UI loading. I was running the new versions of the v collection instruments in the mpc software and the speed difference is noticeable

I would personally shoot them an email with a copy of the receipt and just see what they say. The trick with Arturia is they do hefty sales on Black Friday and other periodic times of the year. There’s never a need to pay full price. I just wait patiently and upgrade when the price gets nice enough. You’re close enough to your purchase date that they might cut you some slack.

I personally have no gripes about their model. They release stable products that sounds good and aren’t going anywhere. If I were to update right now it would be $150. I personally think $50 per completely rebuilt synth isn’t unreasonable for what I’d be getting.

That’s my 2 cents.

I bought the V Collection 8 in March of this year when they had a super price to upgrade from Analog Lab V ($149). I’m not going to upgrade to 9 right now since V8 gives me plenty to play with. I’ll wait for another nice upgrade discount in the future. I don’t feel that I have anything to complain about and, frankly, I figured a new version was coming when I got the upgrade offer. I’ve always been pretty pleased with my Arturia purchases, often at a very nice price.

2 Likes

It’s still a much better price than they were charging not that long ago (and maybe still are?) if you’d skipped a version or two. I was on version 5 and skipped 6, and I think both 7 and 8 were offered at an introductory discount of $249 (regularly $349).

I only upgraded to 8 when they had a $149 deal that was eligible to upgrade from older versions.

I have the V collection 8, but have been curious about Piano 3 vs Piano 2. I use v2 constantly and like it. Anyone have thoughts about whether the upgrade to Piano v3 adds much substantial, beyond UI changes?

I only dabbled with Piano V3 but I thought the velocity curve calibration was really nice compared to the earlier version.

1 Like

That’s good to know. More customization there is a welcome addition.

1 Like

I’ve had Arturia collection for years. The trick is to wait between several years of releases, and periodically upgrade during boxing day sales. I’ve been holding out past 4 years to let the new included instruments to build up. Upgrade is usually something like $50. That’s like a what? $12 annual subscription equivalent about

3 Likes

Anyone using these in Studio One? The VSTis don’t automatically recognize the sustain pedal message and I can’t figure out how to assign it with the new plugin interfaces.

I got V Collection 8 quite a while back and barely scratched the surface with it, mostly just sticking to a handful of synths.

I had been lusting over a Yamaha Reface YC for a while (as I love my Reface CP), and tonight I dug into the organs in the V Collection and they are actually really nice. Totally killed my GAS for the Yamaha.

I also played around with the Solina, and I think it will likely also be enough for me to pass on the Behringer recreation when it comes out (another synth I’ve been thinking about getting).

I had been thinking the V Collection was overkill for my needs, but it’s proving to be a good purchase as it’s stopping GAS years later. As someone else mentioned, I felt no need to upgrade to V Collection 9, and can probably hold out another year or two before updating, which makes it even better value.

2020-2021 was all about software for me. 2022 was all about hardware. I think 2023 is going to be about mixing and matching software and hardware to minimize purchases.

8 Likes

V-Collection 9 is on sale again. The price is personalized, dependent on what Arturia products you’ve already bought in the past, but I’m seeing $149 when I sign in. I had purchased Pigments 4 (on sale) a few months ago.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up! I’m seeing 249$ as a MicroFreak and Keystep37 owner. Still tempting!

Looking into the range of new Roland hardware recently has been pushing me in this direction, and I’ve enjoyed playing with a few of the demos and Analog Lab Intro while attending could-have-been-an-email Zoom meetings …

2 Likes

As a side note to 9.2, Arturia finally certified the V Collection and Software Center for Ventura: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/6254040190108-Compatibility-with-macOS-Ventura

FX Collection is still the holdout, but my understanding has been that this is only a potential issue when installing.

1 Like

Was €99 for me to upgrade from 8 to 9, I wasn’t going to but then I tried the MS-20 demo and it sounds incredible and is great fun to use. I’m a fan of a techno producer called Mike Parker who has a really distinct sound, and it turns out he uses an MS-20 in a lot of his stuff so that kind of sold me!

Resizable windows is a nice quality of life upgrade too!

1 Like

I just saw this thread right after I pulled the trigger. I got it for $149.

1 Like

I’ve been using the V Collection for some years now (since V7 I believe), and I have only just found time to check the MS-20 in more depth yesterday!

Such a great great one, lot of punch, very inspiring!

I must say that V Collection is probably the best software purchase I’ve ever made, every update since then has been an unbeatable price/quality ratio!

7 to 8 was Juno & OB-Xa, and 8 to 9 was MS-20 & SQ-80, plus all the updates. As a faithful Arturia customer, the price that they asked for the update was always very good imo.

3 Likes

Enjoy! There is a mix of old and new stuff and the new stuff definitely sounds better, but it’s a pretty awesome and fun collection.

I made a track using the MS-20 and the Arturia FX collection this morning and it was really fun and sounded great, I’m impressed by Arturia’s quality these days!

1 Like