Befaco Synth Duster

Yeah, I was being kind of silly about it, but use mine regularly. It’s the perfect synth brush IMO.

2 Likes

what about something like swiffer dusters or smilar (and cheaper) products that work with electrostatic charge to avoid dust beeing brushed into any gap / chink?

You’re doing the Lord’s work. Had some time off of work and am getting the studio cleaned up. Thanks for the tip.

Off topic, but Japanese dollar stores are amazing. I feel like I need these. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Begrudgingly I bought a Befaco Synth Duster and the bristles are falling out from new.

Watched one slip between the gap on my Op-1 keyboard. Pointless accessory.

2 Likes

My favourite post ever on this forum.

2 Likes

You spoiled it by adding ‘pointless accessory’ though. Prior to adding that text it was a beautiful example of humour and irony.

1 Like

3 Likes

I got one of these from Amazon for dusting electronic gear and have been liking it so far.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06ZXSC97F?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

3 Likes

I can’t be the only one who drapes a small blanket or towel over gear between uses, can I?

Edit: Not to pass judgment on the brush enthusiasts. Do what makes you happy.

4 Likes

The only Befaco product I’ve used was a volume pedal that crapped out spectacularly during a gig. I can still see the faces of my fellow band members when my gentle swell became a crackling wall of sound! :joy:

Back on topic I find bog standard 3” or 4” paint brushes do the trick for me.

1 Like

Ordered, thank you.

1 Like

Got one of these for my computer keyboard and music gear and I’m happy with it. The top review is from somebody else using it for synths as well.

1 Like

Wrong brand.
Befaco aren’t manufacturing volume pedals as far as I know.
You probaly meant Bespeco from Italy.

1 Like

You’re prob right, it was a long time ago…

1 Like

as a synth enthusiast named duster i am a bit disappointed by this product

I use one of these:

There made for photography lenses so… must be good enough for synths.

4 Likes

This thing really looks like a rebranded barber neck duster. Something like:

1 Like

Where do you think they got the “bristles” for the brush?
Yes, that’s right, the mannequins.
Poor dears.

3 Likes

No joke found this in the backseat of my car. Have no idea how it got there or for how long it’s been there. I’ll let you’ll know how well it does with dusting.

1 Like