Behringer RD-9

It’s the whole experience. I guess I haven’t found the sweet spot yet. Maybe it’s not for me :slightly_smiling_face:

FYI peeps these are back in stock @ Sweetwater.

1 Like

That RS-9 looks brilliant.

1 Like

Thanks! Just snagged one.

1 Like

FYI it does transmit midi note data. I’ve not got it plugged into a midi filter (just midi out into the T5) but each individual drum is sending a different midi note to the T5. It also transmits the accent data in that non accented notes are quieter and open the filter less on the T5.

Edit. It’s not opening the filter, that was just the patch I had selected. It sounds like it’s just opening the amp up as you’d expect.

1 Like

I think the combo of RD8 and RD9 work really well together.

2 Likes

Just ordered one unit. Maybe it’s here in the beginning of February :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got mine yesterday! (It came three days after I ordered it, @rob_lee :laughing:)

Really liking it a lot so far. Very solid, sounds good. Still have to figure out all the tricks, but no problem getting patterns programmed and running, integrated with my other midi stuff, etc. “I don’t always make techno, but when I do, I use a 909.” This will simplify things greatly for those occasions without having to preview a bunch of sample kits.

Wish it had clicky buttons, but for $350 I can’t really complain…

2 Likes

This thing is a lot of fun. I am having trouble taming the bass drum though. Just wondered what others have experienced or any tips. Really unbelievable at the price point having wanted a 909 for 15+ years now.

1 Like

Yeah gotta say I kinda want one. It looks and sounds great. Might have to pick one up at some point.

1 Like

Thinking about a distortion pedal for the kick and return it into the return channel.
Are there any other good use cases?

EQ is a good start.

1 Like

Any idea how to remove the cheeks? I thought it would entail removing the three small screws parallel to the cheeks - I did that, but the cheeks still seemed like they weren’t coming off. Didn’t want to force the issue without getting advice.

I’d keep removing screws until the base / top comes off and the sides slide off

And you’ll probably invalidate any warranty.

Thanks! I assumed I’d invalidate the warranty, which is always a concern. But then again, I’ve rarely (if ever) had an item fail when it was in the warranty period anyway!

Pretty much my experience, feels cheap and sounds off. Roland TR-8S sounds closer to the OG and feels great.

2 Likes

I’m sure I saw a comparison with rd9 and tr8 ( the old one )
It reminded me how very usable the tr8 was. I might even unbox it this year and plug it in.

3 Likes

TR8 is a fantastic drum machine. I recommend it to anyone, regardless of budget. It’s really big, sounds great and is fun to use. Plus you can use it as a controller for external instruments or DAWs.

4 Likes

@Bunker Anderton’s now have the RD-8 MKII just now

RD-8 MKII £289

1 Like

Yeah I saw they were in stock as of Monday. Did you get yourself one?

1 Like