Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

In the right hands it does the trick… :robot:

I loved him cutting between the two acid lines with a crossfader- guess even Mr. Jenkinson doesn’t just have two 303s lying around :sunglasses:

(I have one of the earliest batches of TD-3, I have to say, other than wanting to turn the VCF bias down a tad, it’s pretty damn good as an ersatz 303- X0Xheart does a good job.)

2 Likes

I’ve run 2x 303’s with bass from one, high frequencies from the other (via a mixer )it sounds like one synth until you make resonance / cutoff / waveforms different then it sounds weird.

1 Like

Just taken delivery of the Silver TD-3 from Thomann… Poly Acid is now possible hehe, this completes the collection, looks very cool indeed.
Just waiting for the single tier stand as this one will be on my desk

4 Likes

You also need a modded version of each.

And swap tops / bottoms for all colour combinations.

3 Likes

Been looking online for power supplies for my FX pedals such as this:

voodoo-lab

However I’m wondering whether one of these or something similar would work to power x5 TD-3’s, a Crave and an MS-1 synth ?

Just a thought as I’m running short on sockets for my synths.

Cheers

Rob

1 Like

Did you figure this out in the end?

Couple of things worth bearing in mind Rob. Polarity for one unless you can get some ‘crossover’ cables or similar. Talking of cables you’ll was some longish dc cables to reach your TD3’s (I think the longest that came with mine were about 6”) and also check the psu will power them all okay (should be fine). I’ve got a 1Spot C7 psu that’s been great. Not used it for the TD’s as it’s on pedal duties. Good thing about this one is it has some 12v outputs too.

2 Likes

After working out prices I decided to just grab a couple of 8 way power extension leads off Amazon (with surge protection) which gives me the 16 sockets I need for all my gear, good thing about these is that you can switch each individual socket off if your not using some of your gear.

Think I’m all set to go once the new IKEA units eventually get delivered some time mid June, for now I can just jam with a few units.

2 Likes

I think you’re completely wrong, it’s very hard to tell the difference between an original and td-3 with a proper comparison. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=osHqty-qfEk

1 Like

I used to have an original Tb-303. The build quality on the original was awful (after 30 or so years), so I cant help but smile when reading peoples misgivings about the TD-3 at a fraction of the cost. Imagine paying £2.5K and something so light and shoddy turning up!
I had to send it off to repair as it was sold to me with a dodgy resonance pot. I had it modded , at the same time, with the Midibass 2 chip to receive and send midi. So much fun, but I had no other gear and got bored of moving drum sounds around on a grid. I sold it and got the Rytm, SV-1 and TT-303mk 2. I love the sound of the 303, but not sure that I would pay the current prices for an original… although iconic I’m glad there are cheaper alternatives.
I saw on a post that one of the Acid techno Liberator crew have now purchased one of these… cant all be bad. It’s hard to live up to the original DIY spirit of house and techno with collectors pieces.
Love and synths to you all.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’m having difficulty getting my TD-3 to start with my Octatrack?
I want it so when I push play play in the octa, the TD-3 starts as well.
I have it MIDI synced - and the tempo is certainly syncing - but not start/stop.
Any ideas? Only had the octa a week so guess I’m probably missing something stupid!

1 Like

Check the manual of the TD-3 I’m not near mine now, you need to set the TD-3 to trigger externally, easily done inside the Behringer software tool too. Happened to me first day till I looked in the pdf manual.
Hope this helps

1 Like

Hey Man, yeah I have the TD-3 set to MIDI sync ans I have checked that the octa is set to send clock. MIDI channels also OK.
I have x2 TD-3’s and the issue happens with either so i dont think there is a fault at the TD-3 end.

Hav u got transport send ? ( I think. )

2 Likes

mate your a legend!

1 Like

should prob try reading the manual at some point :laughing:

Hello guys

I have some question about my new TD3

1-Do someone know what is this (green) thing ? I moved a bit the VCF trim but what is this one ?

Capture d’écran 2020-05-26 à 23.43.25 Capture d’écran 2020-05-26 à 23.43.25

2- I don’t understand about notes and octave.
I can play an octave from my external keyboard but this octave isn’t recordable on the internal sequencer. Even if I use UP setting on the note :expressionless:
So maybe to hear it I have to transpose the pattern ?
But I don’t know how to do so, it’s not working, just working sometimes. I press “pitch mode” button, the an other note but it’s changing pattern.
Don’t understand ?

3-So not possible to write a pattern with the most high octave and to write directly high notes ? Obligation to transpose ?

4-An other thing : I dont hear a lot the decay setting, is this normal ?

Thank you very much

might be worth looking here

3 Likes

Thank you but it won’t help a lot, they talk about VR11 and cutof but no many things…