Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

I’m experiencing similar issues with sequencing it externally. Feels like there is a small but noticeable midi lag.

There is an App called SynthTool from Behringer that you can use to create internal Patterns. It’s very easy to use.

I just noticed that there is no Delay on the TD-3. Huge miss?

Edit : there wasn’t a Delay on the Original TB-303 either but on the TB-03 there is a Delay, hum.

no reverb or sampler or stutter effect or OG price tag either…

very different price tags and i guess it aimed to be cheap. having the distortion was a plus, midi , midi via usb etc all positives too.

i like to boutiques but cant easily justify another 303 clone/copy … i have too many already.

the synthtool app, although it does have a sequencer… its basically rubbish … i’d stick with trying to figure out the device.

1 Like

The delay is a really nice feature on the TB-03, as is the peculiar but effective reverb. The distortion is fine, too - better than the TD-3’s, I’d say - but I prefer an undistorted TB. I think with a little internal pot tweaking the TD-3 is the more faithful of the two, but the TB-03 does make for a nice all-in-one box with the effects factored in, as long as you know where the weak spots are and do your best to avoid them.

1 Like

Thank you for your input.

lots of us were there honestly - its 2020, if it sounds like acid, then make acid.

1 Like

great deals to be found for almost new td-3s… i got mine for $100.

did you get this sorted out? i’ve got a td-3 in the mail that i plan on sequencing with the OTmk2

As someone else said, you can get the TD-3 on Amzn Renewed (refurbished) for cheap. Best part is that it comes with a warranty and easy returns with Prime.

Placing resistors in parallel reduces the overall resistance of the two resistors.

(1/R1 + 1/R2 + …)^-1

Is the equation for resistance in parallel.

So by placing a 4.7k resistor in parallel with the potentiometer you can lower the cutoff frequency more than before.

In case anybody wants to know how Song Mode / Track Write Mode works… This video is about the RD-6, but the song mode on the TD-3 works the same.

Having a really hard time deciding between this and a used roland boutique. TD-3 is half the price, but the build has to be garbo, right? How bad does it feel, like upsettingly cheap to play?

Just the weight that’s really low otherwise she’s more than honorable

2 Likes

Output volume is very low on the TD-3.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I suppose I could always return it, no reason to agonize. Have some melodic acid as payment

3 Likes

Phoscyon in my opinion is far better with all of these extra knobs plus the distortion and eq knobs…more aggressive in my ears… I have both of them…

It’s not bad at all. The build isn’t like an Avalon or Acidlab obviously, but it’s no worse than a real 303. Little plastic boxes. I’ve had zero issues with the TD-3 or TT-303. (Both plasticy)

The raw sound of the TD-3 is better that the Roland digitals IMO. However, I’m not a huge fan of the built in distortion. I mainly use any 303 product clean, but would probably get a nice pedal if I wanted to distort ANY of them.

I like the enhanced sequencing on the Cyclone/TT better, but the TD works like the TB. So not a huge deal.

I do actually like the TB-3 as a device overall. It’s easy to use, and sounds decent. Just not analog, and the effects aren’t amazing at all.

Just some thoughts on some of these.

Oh, and for software, I absolutely love Audiorealism for X0X

3 Likes

Cool, I was planning to try out some pedals with this so what you’re saying pretty much confirms it :+1:

Respect yourself, don’t even look at the distortion part of the td3.

1 Like