Bi-weekly record-diving sampling extravaganza | 03 | Unknown Artist - Wealth

Waw. Serious resampling skills. I’d need like 2 years of work on that track to reach that level of variations. Much more enjoyable than the original for my own taste.
Well done.

1 Like

@reeloy AIIIITE THERE YOU GO!!! Not entirely sure why, and despite drawing comparisons, it felt sort of like listening to a mellow version of Steve Miller Band’s ‘Fly Like An Eagle’ song. Smooth track to wake up to on this Sunday morning, and glad to have you on board!

Unfortunately, you missed the deadline…

But, I think this wholesome turn of events is worthy of allowing your submission :beers:

1 Like

This thread contains some serious GIFs.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Glad to have goaded you into joining in and really enjoyed your track, some interesting stuff going on in there, really deep stuff! :clap:

Enjoyed this earlier what a trip!! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

…steve miller band and fly like an eagle ???..

ok…i know i can be cheasy sometimes, but that cheasy !?..
that’s what crossed ur mind at first…?..really…?

i see, errrr, hear, errrr, read…

but yup…i’m always post industrial dub, pi dub meets pop bitch…no matter what genre…some hook, some song progression, some broken charme sounddesign in raw rumble code and a punchline is always part of my sonic cake…can’t help it…

but really enjoyed myself yesterday…thanx for this…that little session was cleaning out my headspace closet big time…trickeled me out of a serious writersblock…

1 Like

I liked your track

It reminded more of other things- but the space intro on fly like an eagle and even the outro were kinda wild to get airplay the time- decent length of tape delay and synth. It’s all subjective, but it’s not full on 80s cheese

It looks like reeloy was the one who got (unintentionally) roasted :upside_down_face:

Thinking something sounds like something else can have more to do with personal associations than what actually sounds like what, listening to a song has triggered another in memory for me thinking how similar they are, only to listen back to the track it made me think up then realizing it’s not as similar I thought. It’s interesting to me to see what people will connect and compare to when hearing something and subconsciously digging through their musical memory

We all do see the world with different eyes

2 Likes

@reeloy Alright, pause right there. Fly Like An Eagle is one of the greatest songs ever made, especially when it was used on Nobody Beats the Biz! I meant that as a compliment that your song reminded me of a wildly used/popular track, and to give you props on your production style. :older_man:

That’s awesome to hear and is a very tough feeling to shake. Also, you’re definitely not alone in that feeling, and if you ever want to talk about stuff let me know! Hopefully, we’ll get to see you on the next challenge too. Digging for something juicy at the moment. :hammer_and_pick:

@1-2 Exactly, and I’m not sure why the brain even made that connection and I find that so strange! I know comparisons aren’t really the greatest compliment, but at the time that’s what the feeling was when listening.

Also thanks for sharing that neat historical bit you mentioned regarding song airplay limitations at the time! It makes that song that much more iconic :beers:

:innocent: