Black Corporation - ISE-NIN (Jupiter 8 replica)

I don’t believe that the Deluxe uses a different overall keybed other than size, but I could be mistaken. It felt fairly similar to me. (which is to say, it feels great, but a good Fatar had a slightly more solid and weightier feel to it than the ASM keybed.) The Hydra keys just feel a tiny bit lighter than I generally like. My favorite keybed in recent years (aside from the Poly AT ability of the Hydra) was the Fatar in the Prophet Rev2. It is EXACTLY what I feel synth keys should feel like.

I imagine the new Fatar PolyAT bed used on the new Quantum is probably one of the best around at this point, short of maybe something with a more novel approach like the Osmose.

1 Like
3 Likes

Well I ended up ordering a deckards dream mkII in the end. I had wanted one for so long that I decided to just go with it over the Ise nin that just really has too few online demos for me to make that expensive of a purchase. But now I can check one more synth off of my dream synth list that I wrote down years ago :-).

Other contenders were the super 6, but a quick read through the UDO forum reminded me why I sold mine in the first place (tons of bugs and quirks still). And the new Nina lost out in the end because of lack of MPE and only having a LPF.

7 Likes

All of you talking about mixing the Deckards with the Hydra has really gotten me thinking. I love the Hydra, and thinking of adding something as powerful as the Deckards is such a great idea.

2 Likes

In this price range, you can add a lot of things which are a good idea. That’s how I got the Prophet 10 rev 4 module plus two effects pedals and sold my Hydra as a consequence :slight_smile:

But daddy want’s to dream!

1 Like

Hydra + Deckard’s + Quadraverb = :drooling_face:

Dream, daddy. Dream.

1 Like

Oh noooo. Now you’ve done it.

1 Like

Dreams come true all the time. Even good dreams.

1 Like