Blush Response calling out Elektron Manuals

25 Likes

Gives the word ā€œmanualā€ a whole new angle

8 Likes

Confession : I read Elektron manuals while I make love. Itā€™s been two years now that I didnā€™t read any Elektron manuals.

Maybe thereā€™s a relation between those.

16 Likes

does it ever get complicated? when youā€™re making love with one elektron manual and reading another at the same time?

which one gets jealous first?

or are they both into it, like a ā€œwatch me watch you watching meā€ kind of thing?

5 Likes

Only gets complicated if itā€™s the Octatrack manual!!! Itā€™s like the Elektron Kama Sutra

5 Likes

The issue I have with the manuals is theyā€™re not printed anymore. Elektron, Ableton, Logic Pro, they used to have nice printed manuals. Boooo!!!

7 Likes

Honestly after using PDF manuals for a while itā€™s hard to go back - ctrl+F its so much faster than skimming for something even if I know the section that it should be in.

On-topic, Elektron manuals are some of the better ones when Iā€™m trying to reference specific functionality/ parameters. I find them less helpful if Iā€™m actually trying to learn how something works in context. Arturia are my favorite manuals for that.

8 Likes

Elektron produces synthesizers that are moderately complicated systems, and need to be understood systematically.

Elektron manuals do an excellent job of explaining how the synths work, but it can take a few readings and a lot of practice to fully understand them. I disagree strongly that Elektron manuals are too complicated - they are just right!

The Octatrack in particular is difficult to understand not because the manual is bad (it isnā€™t) but because there isnā€™t really anything quite like an Octatrack. You have to recognize that (a) it isnā€™t like other synths or samplers and (b) you need to put in some mental effort to understand what it is and how it works.

Once you put in even a little effort, Elektrons are easy to work with and the manuals reveal themselves as clear and well organized.

8 Likes

I only read manuals of gear I donā€™t own in order to answer others forum questions so I can look smart.

11 Likes

I agree with him. Imo Elektron have a strange way of describing things. But since the devices are quite easy to use itā€™s not very hard to learn how to do stuff. Except maybe some of the million functions of the OT. :slightly_smiling_face:

Elektron manuals are great to meā€¦

2 Likes

Never had any issue with Elektron manuals. They have information on every function, plenty of appendix information. They might not do tutorials and tricks, but thatā€™s what using them and maybe watching an occasional video is for.

4 Likes

I like elektron manuals.
I dont like Blush Response videos.

There ya go, balance has been restored. All sorted.

13 Likes

Aw, come on. Heā€™s so fucking enthusiastic. I want to bring him home to my mother.

5 Likes

he has yet another thread made about him, he better be enthused

Whoā€™s Blush Response?

7 Likes

Elektron manuals are fine by me, besides my own inability to understand a few p-lock passages.

Roland thoughā€¦
Even on their simpler things like the new T-8 or J-6 are just strange at times.
On second thought, it may just be how Iā€™m viewing their online manual. I recommend downloading the PDF instead of navigating the web version.

4 Likes

It is not just you, and PDF doesnā€™t help much. Roland manuals are awful. I might have more than one of their devices if that werenā€™t the case. (Also Roland Cloud Manager is something Iā€™m never installing again.)

5 Likes

Reading the SH-4d manual to figure out how the thing works was an exercise in masochism. Itā€™s unclear, badly organized and missing vital information in basically every section.

5 Likes

Itā€™s bizarre, huh? Roland is a huge player in this field but are still sorting themselves out when it comes to explaining their own products.

Another plus for Elektron are the nice little tips and notes in the manuals with nice graphics.

4 Likes