Boss RE-2 Space Echo Emulation Compact Pedal Speculation Thread

LEAK: Boss RE-2 Space Echo: A new compact take on the Roland classic? - gearnews.com

I’m pretty certain this is real, but a lot of deniers don’t believe

5 Likes

Thanks for reminding me that I was so stupid to sell my re-20!
Hope this is not a fake!

:star_struck:

2 Likes

I’ve got one in a box somewhere. I tend to use vst versions, Many are very good

1 Like

I hope its real! I loved the re20!

1 Like

I didn’t read the patent in detail, but it is probably unrelated. The RE-20 is already a DSP tape echo, the RE-2 just looks like a smaller version of it.

1 Like

I’d be more interested in a reissue of the RE-301

2 Likes

That would be so cool. It wouldn’t fit with Roland’s recent tendencies toward digital (besides the collaborations with SE, Malekko, and co – and re301 involves mechanical tape parts so much more involved with calibration, repairs and so forth that I think they don’t wanna deal with), so I don’t see it happening, but I’d love one.

7 Likes

I’m okay with a digital pedal. I guess I’m mainly saying that I find the 301 to be more appealing than the 201. I don’t have the budget, space, or tolerance for maintenance, to want to acquire the original.

1 Like

Even though I have a Volante pedal now as a specialized delay pedal I couldn’t part with my RE-20, it just has something unique to it. The small form factor is attractive though so if it’s not too expensive I might swap it.

1 Like

is causing infinite space gas
… gas, gas, ga, ga, g, g, g …

What a beauty!

12 Likes

And … Lil Bro, bro, bro, bro, ro ro ro o o o

3 Likes

I want to hear how the added reverbs sound on the RE-202. Price makes it out of the question for me, really though. I would like to hear it next to the Volante.

3 Likes

I was looking for prices but did not find any atm, I am working though :smiley:

My Vermona Organ needs this for massive space dub at 68 BPM, … and I don’t even smoke.

2 Likes

44,000 yen here in Japan. Not sure what they will price them at overseas. Maybe $399?

1 Like

I don’t understand why they have guitar nonsense rock on the videos ? Why haven’t they gone with dub … acts like the bug , decades of reggae artists , geode , om unit , techno ?

Angst teen drums and guitar noise don’t show the delay , reverbs , feedback and overloading / looping that I’d like to hear.

Marketing fail.

10 Likes

… those bands are short before a major come back, electronic music has become way too easy to make. IMHO the dynamics and energy of a band playing together is something else then pushing play on a sequencer in a club. I am not hating, I like electronic music.

Different demo’s for other situations could be necessary though :smiley: But I don’t think it will effect sales that much. It’s a Boss pedal, it will sell.

2 Likes

Sure , i get that sort of thing but for a sound demo that claims to replicate the nuance of an analog tape delay … in that sound demo , I just hear a wall of noise .

I’m sure ‘influencers’ are readying their videos with carefully placed plant pots and uploading to YouTube as we speak / type on forums.

5 Likes

Interesting. Almost more interestingly, is that a new TR-09 at 22 seconds? Looks more white and angular than the original boutique? :thinking:

1 Like

Wow, these videos are so uninformative ! I think I have had enough pop rock or whatever for the next 10 years.
I’m super excited by the MIDI control. Recalling settings from a DAW would be awesome. But above all, I cross my fingers for MIDI sync !