Buchla & Tiptop Audio Series 200 Eurorack Modules

fair enough! so I digress…

6 Likes

That’s really cool!

From the video above:

2 Likes

I think its good the tiptop bloke pointed out that the modules work better (?) as a complete system than as individual modules mixed in with other euro bits.

Im definitely more interested in a complete Buchla 200 system, than a mix up.

Same with the bARP 2500.

3 Likes

Same, I’ll be keeping an eye out for a cheap Mantis to fill with just this stuff I reckon.

1 Like

I am in for a full TT/Buchla ride. Love it.

So lovely, the panel designs are such that I can see what they might do.

It fires the imagination.

>>>

4 Likes

Looks amazing.

Yeah, the aesthetics are amazing. I spent quite some time just looking at Buchla modules.
Maybe it’s time to fire up the Cloudlab 200t for Reaktor to sweeten the waiting time and have a sounstrack while building your rack on Modulargrid.

2 Likes

That’s one of the thing about Buchla, he had the reputation to design the interface before the circuit, wich is quite crazy when you think about it.
Even tho I have a decent Buchla “fix” in eurorack with a nice Verbos Electronic system, with on top a Quadra (281 clone) and a QMMG (292 clone + resonance and High Pass) I’m quite tempted to get a full system of those, or at least a few modules to complement what I already have.
It would be great for my modular class to have a some “real” Buchla branded things as well hahaha.

1 Like

Seems like they won’t make the winter 2021 dates for the first two modules…

Posting this comment in the hope of being proved wrong!

dons fire resistant jumpsuit, bulletproof vest

Aren’t like, half of the existing eurorack modules “recreations” of 70’s buchla circuits?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Well, these are made in consultation with Buchla USA, and are also pretty reasonably priced. Plus they actually try to keep the original designs intact.

:fire:

1 Like

Reimplementations, certainly.

Well you never know, Winter hasn’t even started yet, and we have about 3.5 months until it expires.

Yep and half of existing synths are ‘recreations’ of existing 70s synths :man_shrugging:

1 Like

True-ish, but if you want a homogeneous Buchla 200 system, not a piecemeal hybrid spanning multiple brands and “standards” in a smaller than 4U footprint, this is the way to go.

5 Likes

You’ve left your head exposed

4 Likes

Apparently their newsletter drops today https://instagram.com/stories/tiptopaudiofficial/2735374525434970439?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=share_sheet

1 Like