Buying a used Rytm mki, mkii or ? to pair with octatrack

You are right, screen is not much bigger, but the overall form factor of the mkii is much larger. I’m not sure I like that. The set of the black units do look cool together.

We will see on the A4/heat stuff. I’m not sure I need a 3rd sequencer, or a 4th of you include the akai Force I use for other stuff.

money left over for a Moog Minitaur monosynth :grin:

Edit: you have a Grandmother. Nice.

What excites me is the Poly D! Being able to play moogy chords would be great. I have Voyager VCO samples in my Prophet x, and it does well to sort of ball park it, but not quite due to filter.

1 Like

The other way I like to look at the value of a given tool is on its own, not comparatively.

Is the Rytm MK1 worth the $700-$750 used price (that you can get if you wait around/shop around) for a new-ish unit in excellent condition?

Not, “is it worth the $350-$500 less than y piece of gear”

I think it absolutely is worth that.

1 Like

I agree 100%

My question is more, is one worth that much more than the other if I’m already content with the other.

I much prefer the UI/UX of the mk2 over the mk1.

I had the MFB Tanzbar 2, don’t get it, you’ll drive yourself crazy. Returned mine to Thomann from the US at a ~$250 loss after running into a whole slew of issues with it, on top of the gnarly UI.

2 Likes

Ordered an Mki today. For the price of a new mkii I have an OT and AR, so I’m excited. Can’t wait to offload drum programming from the OT so I can make it totally a melody box.

2 Likes

I didn’t know I needed “polyphonic glide” until I heard a few chords demonstrating this feature on the Poly D with the filter closed. Pairing this with any version of the AR might make you sound like Ski Oakenfull.