Chase Bliss Habit

just can’t take pedals with ports on the side anymore, I need them to sit flush

https://www.chasebliss.com/habit-vs

1 Like

I got rid of Blooper and actually have 2 MOODs for now. Its unique enough that I can warrant keeping. Blooper was too much for what I’d like a pedal to do, and I’ve got modular to do everything I liked about Blooper. It’s still an amazing pedal.

Habit is very cool, but I don’t need it. I might get it later but it’s not on my short list.

1 Like

you wouldn’t happen to know of any good places like design cables in the states would you?

think I need some quality time comparing all 3 again… my goal is random melodic experiments but then using knob adjustments to find/reveal something repetitive over a couple of bars that sounds coherent and sample it as a building block. with later deliberate additions.

so I’m at the chaotic end of them at first, rather than the subtle use of their conventional side.
but paradoxically, not sounding like chirpy birds and chipmunks, instead just textural and randomised snippets of phrases I over played.

not really looking for effects, more so composition starters that I retake control of.

Afraid not. I’d guess you’d find one if you search for 'Summing Cable" - I think there are various ways of doing this. One has a resistor I think. Been a while since I looked into it so can’t comment further… Sorry.

1 Like

I’m glad they put this article out, because I think one of the more common refrains I’m hearing so far is “why another “experimental looper” type pedal”? The article answers a few Qs people might have:

Getting down to work on blooper four years ago kicked off a pretty wild chapter for us…Habit is the final member of that family, and the most ambitious.

So it certainly sounds like Habit is the last of this type of pedal they’re going to be putting out, and the three categories kinda helps to figure out where the natural boundaries of each pedal are. One of the first thoughts I posted here about Habit was how disappointing it is to not be able to trigger loop-ends, but that’s obviously in the wheelhouse of something like Blooper. The more videos I’ve watched about Habit, it certainly seems like encouraging the user to trigger loop starts and stops would totally change the vibe.

Thanks for posting the link! Also, I ordered one :no_mouth:

2 Likes

It really cleared a few things up I was questioning. Especially as I own the Mood and Blooper lol. Looking forward to it turning up tomorrow!

Nice! Be sure to report back on how you like it. Mine probably won’t be here for a week or so since I live out in the sticks.

1 Like

:joy:

While I have to squint to see the differences between the three pedals, this one is imo the most interesting. So much can be achieved with delay. Add to that a recorder and you’ve got yourself what appears a huge spectrum of fx and sound.

It’s landed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Serial #500 - so they’ve made fair few of these things!!

Just got to work out what order to put these all in :rofl:

24 Likes

is that a printed manual that’s come with it ? Mine should be landing today…

1 Like

Mine’s not even shipped yet. Ordered directly from Chase Bliss and live in Sweden.

Not my brightest moment :slight_smile: but I love them blissers so much, I felt I had to buy directly from the source.

Also, patience is a virtue.

Right?

Right?

2 Likes

I’d have ordered from Sweden by now and canceled the US one… or kept both orders going and talked myself into a stereo setup haha. NO PATIENCE HERE!!!

Ohhhh yes! 50 pages of it. I should probably take a look at it lol.

Just a quick noodle on it so far, really interesting! Tape(ish) modifier is a little heavy handed, but from memory it was on the blooper until a firmware update came out. Sounds great though.

This one was basically made for you @circuitghost!

2 Likes

LOVE IT ALREADY

No, I’ll wait for the Bliss one. I’ve ordered from them before, usually doesn’t take that long to get here.

But I seriously wasn’t expecting Swedish suppliers to act this fast, Chase Bliss is hard to come by here and I’ve only found them physically in one store and online in say two?

But it’s all right, I’m rethinking my workflow now anyway, so I could do with the extra time before it arrives.

1 Like

Hah. Just heard from Chase Bliss. They shipped it yesterday. Got a tracking number and all.

Gotta love them blissers <3

3 Likes

Yeah, to be honest I haven’t used my Blooper in a while - it kinda got usurped by Loupe for spicy loop overdubbing (I must say, does seem like Loupe’s “scroll” may have been some inspiration for Habit’s “scan”), and was always a bit fiddly anyway. On the other hand, after a year I’m still a heavy Mood user. I think the difference is the amount of intentional prep work required for good results in Blooper, whereas the always-listening aspect of Mood is a much more immediate/experimental/exploratory workflow.

Habit seems to me to be Blooper’s functionality put into Mood’s workflow, which is why my interest is piqued. Exploring through an always-listening buffer is much more my thing than recording a loop, overdubbing, imprinting an effect, recording a loop, etc, which is why by the end I was using Blooper as a glorified delay anyway. I think I’m gonna pick it up so I can really compare all three of them and work out what I actually want to keep.

4 Likes

This thing is so much fun. Have a ton of work I’m meant to be doing, but its not been very productive.

this about sums it up for me so far ^^

I love the Blooper but can live without it and also ended up using it as a delay for the most part, then looping in Ableton. I might shift the blooper to last in chain and then see what comes from the Habit in a more structured “loop”.

Currently running Tonal Recall > Mood > Blooper > Habit > CXM
Think this will change to Tonal Recall > Mood > Warped Vinyl > Habit > Blooper > CXM

Fan boy? Me? :grimacing:

Maybe some Fairfield pedals need to come out and play…

5 Likes

you are a total chase bliss fanboy though :wink:

1 Like