Collaboration Pit

Bonjour

Welcome to the Collaboration Pit
A place to trade stems and styles, to find allies and partners, to bring together communal musical unconscious manifested through electronic devices and the global intercommunications superhighway. Banish the twin dark waves of rising nationalism and global pandemic with the glimmering flame of collective creativity…

Make a post signifying your interest to collaborate. If possible, include the styles you’d like to work with and state your strengths / weaknesses. If you see someone else you’d like to work with, shoot them a PM and swap files. Personal ads for bleep bloop nerds.

My go:
I’d like to make either deeply hypnotic ambient / drone
(see also Huerco S, Tim Hecker)
or
Hard / fast dance music (see also Gabber Modus Operandi)

I’m strong with: atmospheres, timbres, and drum programming.
I’m weak with: melody, song structure

Hmu!

13 Likes

Cool thing. I have never done that before. I have no idea how to do collaboration. But why not to try.
I make hip hop but for the exercise I can do something else.

4 Likes

Good Idea! I think I would also like to do something.
My Style:
Techno: (Dominik Eulberg, Karenn, Robag Whrume- just to let you now the range)
90’s inspired Breaks and IDMish things: (Aphex Twin, Autechre, BOC)

4 Likes

Rad, I sent some stems your way!

2 Likes

I once collaborated with @Fin25.
It was for a challenge that was up and running, back when people did those even when they didnt have the words Hip or Hop in them. The challenge was to collaborate with a fellow Elektronaut. Fin was skeptical, maverick renegade that he is,
but i talked him into a pretty effort free experience and he went for it.
It was really , really fun.
He sent me some noises what he done made and i turned them into a thing and we both voted for our selves when the voting started. it was kind of a joke, somebody else did it first and we said “Fuck it…” and did it too.
I listen to that shit still, although all i can hear is my white wine drunk mind making all those goddamn mistakes.
but i whole heartedly stand by the experience.
so much so that i have awakened this two year dead thread rather than start a new one.
Lets collaborate here.
lets talk about it here.
lets meet people and make music together here.
lets make strategies here.
What do you say?
as a sacrificial token, i will post my and @Fin25’s track here.
Exposed Aggregate.
drag your eardrums across this rough surface.

Let us make music/love with one another in some way, shape, or form…
Love,
T

11 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

@Microtribe , i can see us slinging TR8-S patterns at one another, feeding the Octa and so forth

@HoldMyBeer lets discuss our Martian cantina

@HisMostDarxxxellent the robotic version of Nellys Sweat/Suit?

@blaize what suits you?( you were in the original thread so i tagged you)

anyone. really.
post music you made, music you like, music you want to emulate…etc…

1 Like

Great track. You two should do more stuff together

1 Like

i agree.
im always, always hounding that poor man to fucking hang out with me but he is very busy learning how to use a computer so i dont want to bother him.
but…

1 Like

I can always use the files he sent me to create some new, horrible monstrosity and post the results here , i suppose.
god help us all…

1 Like

…missing collab and band days…

…all that’s darkish, a little noise crispy, melancholic, dubby, bittersweet poppish, hooky, punchy crunchy, tells a story, has a mood, has a glitchy twist, involves peace and protest punchlines for a better tomorrow, got in some way or the other vocals involved, from a single breath, total geeking or shouting, mantric choirs or full fledged verses and a chorus with heaps of addlips and backings while worx with contrasts between dead dry and full on wet…

…i’m good in arranging, writing and singing, pretending, recording mixing…
and always work with what is there…

crossing genre boarders…to make it become pi dub…post industrial dub…
while working on mutant mosh tribal dancehall and industrial deep house phunk these days…

2 Likes