Cre8audio East Beast & West Pest

@capelookout Yeah I just painted the existing panel and then used a water decal.

My socket for the main audio output broke off resulting in no sound at all. I always treat my stuff very carefully and was surprised this happened tbh. It’s within warranty so I‘m not worrying about that but looking at the way it’s built I kind of doubt that anyone will bother fixing it but instead throw it into the giant pile of electronic waste and just send out a new one.

Bummer, I really dig the sound and want a fix/replacement asap. So patch extra carefully guys, those sockets are not made to last.

Hi!! The east beast is one of my first analog synths and I’m very happy with it but I noticed a drift pitch across octaves. I’ve used my Korg pitch black to get a C and when I going upwards the pitch is drifting more and more… And the C isn’t at 12 o clock in the fine knob… I don’t know if it’s a normal behaviour… I’ve read the manual and I can’t find a way to tune the oscillator… And I’m not good at electronics… Thanks

Hi all, i just got a second hand westpest for my eurorack and im pretty happy with it. İ mainly got it for the sequencer and its ammmmazing. Right now i have it on generative mode with the random clock setting and its clocking my whole rack so i can get crazy generative stuff. İ really really really liked the sound but for now its only a 200$ sequencer unit. There wasn’t any info online if the Midi pitch and gate outs were Midi only or cv aswell and wasnt clear in the manual but it is working like a charm. Very very usefull for eurorack.

3 Likes

As I expected I got a new unit as a replacement for the faulty one. Good for me, bad for the environment… hope the rest of my old unit is at least good for spare parts.

If no damage happend on the pcb. I’d expect it to be fixed and then sold as b-stock. I hope that’s what will happen. It’s an easy fix. If there’s damage, depends on how difficult it is to repair, I guess.

1 Like

Thomann has its own repair shop but they‘ve sent it to a ”service partner“ (which I assume would be cre8audio) and after that it was decided that I‘m getting a replacement. Took about a week for the whole process so I doubt it will be fixed.

Had a similar issue with my rack mixer some time ago, everything worked except the USB part. They just replaced the whole board instead of just the faulty part. Guess it’s financially more lukrative to just replace the whole thing than spending labour on finding and fixing the issue.

With the new Pittsburgh Modular Taiga just out ( thread ), it is notable how that synth is being compared to both the East Beast and the West Pest ( both by Loopop, and Sarah Belle Reid so far ), so that these two may give you some of the same possibilities less expensively, and that you can get specific parts in a more compact package.

2 Likes

Oversynth just released overlays for the East Beast and the West Pest. Take a look and see what you think.

3 Likes