Cross-fades/Auto-fade for smooth sampling? (remove pops/clicks?)

Is there a cross-fade or auto-fade function to smooth out the pops and clicks on samples?

2 Likes

nope
i’ll often tweak the attack on the amp if i’m doing glitchy random stuff
but for looping something its only start/end/loop point, no fade, maybe its best to do it in soundforge/daw then use that.

or grab an old sampler for under £100 that can probably do it… (not a drum sampler like mpc , one like emu/yamaha and other akai)

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, but I still dig the Digitakt :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there any chance that this will be improved in software upgrades? This would make the digitakt a lot more attractive.

I think never honestly. Perhaps Elektron’s thinking is that’s what the OT is for, but I don’t know. The OP-1 did implement auto fades after a few years of it being in circulation. It could happen! Maybe it can with Overbridge when that comes out.

There’s definitely a “fade” setting for samples when you adjust the envolpe settings in the amp page … i had to reverse find this as a heap of my samples were fading as I was sequencing them when I wanted them to be looping and not fading :wink:

The Octatrack does a terrible job at this too. Even Digitone suffers from “clicks”, although for different reasons. Maybe Elektron is worried their products won’t click with audiences. :rofl: Sorry

2 Likes