Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

ooh what a gift

1 Like

your mixes sound real nice!

1 Like

1 x OT

So what, what?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Just me messing around on the old Digitone with a harp sounding thing I made.

10 Likes

Thanks! :pray: Definitely a work in progress, but Iā€™m pretty happy with them so far.

2 Likes

Digitone snippet.

8 Likes

2xOT, Eventide Blackhole, Analog Heat

4 Likes

Just got a cheap-o Danelectro Spring King reverb in, and decided to break it in with the Moog Model 10 and Fulltone Tube tape echo. Just two sounds, the sequence patch and white noise filtered with the Moogā€™s 907A Fixed Filter Bank module.

12 Likes

Those are fun! I had their tape echo from the same series. Endless fun.

1 Like

Was it an actual tape echo? This is indeed loads of fun. I have other spring reverbs, but wanted something I just dedicated to the Moog. When pushed, it adds that metallic ā€˜gankā€™ sound to the Moog notes that sounds so very 1974. Plus there is a PT2399s delay chip in there alongside the springs and this can be modded to allow access to the delay time and feedback. Thatā€™s one of my favorite sources of dirty delays, so all in all, thereā€™s a lot of potential here for a paltry $117 new!

4 Likes

No, it was an emulation.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, Iā€™ve seen that one. I always wondered about it. The demos seemed good and actual tape echoes (though I love them so) are a pain in the posterior.

More 32 step MD rave hijinx

4 Likes

I used to do vinyl dub reggae sets with it on the aux send. Great way to spend a couple hours.

3 Likes

a DT thing

7 Likes

Spring Reverbs are always fantastic.
I still dont know why I dont have one.

And why did I ever sell the one I had! (Danelectro, same as yours)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got quite a few. Some are built into synths (2600, VCS3) others are built into other things (2x Multivox tape echo, guitar amp, etc). But I wanted one just for the Moog, seeing as most of my favorite Moog music was done with IIIP systems which had the 905 spring reverb module. At some point I may build a 1:1 copy of the 905, but for now this was too good a buy to pass up. Plus, I truly love the way old rhythm generators sound through a trashy spring ā€˜verb. :heart_eyes:

(Iā€™m actually thinking of ordering another Spring King now. Stereo!)

5 Likes