Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

Dominion 1 arp through digitone. Somehow messed up the reverb and used only one track… edit: a friend used the frequency-chaos-track to try out blender with audio…

1 Like

Tell me more - you refer to the DSI Rev2?

1 Like

You’re in Finland, right? I’ll keep an eye on a QV for you.

1 Like

You got it. :slight_smile:

Been wanting one for quite sometime. I got a decent tax return lastweek and didn’t think twice.

Edit: If there’s anything else you’d like me to elaborate on, let me know.

2 Likes

Dark Energy + DFAM + Lyra8 + OT + AH

16 Likes

hearting the immediacy of this threads content

8 Likes

So I fucked around and got a Digitone…

This is the Digitakt playing the sample chops and opening and closing the filter on the Zoom Sampletrak and the synth parts on the Digitone.

21 Likes

I like it!

1 Like

Model Cycles

1 — Stumbled upon this resonating sound. But because of the way its heavily relies on notes, delay timing and overall tempo I couldn’t find the way to implement it in the track. Also on its own it is too bassy and hollow.

Straight out of Cycles:

Processed through Dynamic Tube and EQ:

2 — The more I play with Cycles, the more it becomes apparent to me, that I don’t like FM sound. So I started using it as a voice to be processed, rather than a standalone groovebox. That way I can finally write something warm and more mainstream.

All sounds from Cycles, processed in Ableton (I suck at mastering):

Funny thing with this one is the crackle you can hear is not coming from a sample or Vinyl Distortion, but from the overflowing sample buffer in Ableton.

8 Likes

And I loved it when I had mine (free FX).

1 Like

Shitty bleep bloop. But that’s whats coming out right now. DFAM TR8-S Monotribe

10 Likes

Testing out making a fresh patch with the SFC-5 V2 --> Repro-5 (8 voice mode)

15 Likes

Is it FM sound you dont like? Or the sound of model:cycles? Personally, I like FM. But i didn’t like the cycles.

1 Like

Speaking of FM. Here’s my Digitone and Zoom Sampletrak getting to know each other. I think the lofi thing the Sampletrak has going and the Digitone are a pretty good combination. I like it anyway.

17 Likes

6 Likes

Friday night jam where I wanted to test drive my new Nord Wave 2. Got stuck on some piano preset and started to jam over that.

Spent a few hours this morning doing some simple arranging. Quite rough, but there’s something catchy about it and I think I will keep working on it. Always a relief when the initial structure it laid down.

It’s Nord Wave 2, Bass Station 2, Pro 2, OB 6, Prologue 8 and some VSTs and drum loops.

4 Likes

DT+DN

10 Likes

settin’ them filter cutoff levels…

10 Likes

Working on some beats with Maschine. Mix is horrendous, I have all kinds of troubles trying to fit that upright bass in correctly.

edit: is it just me or do you have to mess with the formatting to get the little player to appear? At first, I just had a download link…

6 Likes

No formatting required if you simply drag an mp3 into the text box. The folks above said the max size is 10mb. Your file won’t play for me, though the site is slower than usual right now for me.

2 Likes