Delays in Digitakt devs and other feedback

Not to mention the Analog Heat; seems like they’ve totally forgot or dropped development of it; how long, a year perhaps, bf they ‘forget’ about the DigiINC too?? Hmm…

1 Like

And we newcomers can only hope your nick becomes a self fulfilling prophecy :wink:

2 Likes

I think it’s nice that Elektron put it in writing on their site that OB is coming in Feb.

1 Like

I don’t want to be condescending by pointing out the blatantly obvious, but the OS development of the various machines is literally correlated to how old they are.

Comparing the OS of say the RYTM to that of the Digitakt without taking into consideration that the RYTM was released in 2014, and had multiple OS updates since then while the Digitakt was released in 2017 as the company has pivoted it’s production/output to a much larger/wider scale isn’t a good comparison at all.

I recall early adopters of the RYTM (like me) getting very frustrated waiting for updates as well. If you didn’t buy the RYTM in 2014, you really aren’t in a position to compare the OS developments of both machines with regards to one another imo. If the Digitakt does get a nice update soon, that’s actually relatively good progress compared with what one should realistically expect from looking at Elektron’s historical record.

4 Likes

They put in writing “later this year” all 2017. Not sure how much value you can put on those words.

1 Like

Y’all done got rolled

Feb 2019

1 Like

Hahaha that was cold man!

My cynical self would tend to agree with you, but I remain optimistic. That said if OB doesn’t happen, I’m out. Will sell Digitakt and…well just buy an Alesis SR16 or something and buy Bitcoin with the rest.

1 Like

lol

But the Alesis doesn’t have computer connective capability… So wouldnt your no overbridge problem still exist at that point?

1 Like

Me when asked when was the last time the Digitakt was updated.

3 Likes

Elektron have grown as a response to the growing popularity of their equipment. After the release of the Digitakt, naturally they had to strike while the iron was hot- a lot of people got turned on to Elektron through that cheap(er) little box. Naturally they had to bring their current products up to par with the standards set by the Digitakt standards. Their workforce has grown to the point where they were able to make 4 products in the last year. Now that all those have been released, I’m certain they’ll finally address the rest of the items on their To-Do list and in good speed.

I haven’t had any trouble with the Digitakt- I’m sure the updates and OB will come out in record speed.

1 Like

Oh shoot! That’s right!

Don’t get me started on the analog heat…

not 6 ? Heat, Drive, OT 2, AR 2, A4 2, DT

1 Like

Nothing $600 back in my pocket can’t relieve…

On related note, I spent money on a product based upon the features advertised, OB being what convinced me Elektron was up to something truly innovative. The idea that I could create basic ideas without a DAW and seamlessly xfer my work to Pro Tools for overdubs, mixing, and further arranging without having to track out each part is what sold me. This is why you don’t hear me bitch about saving pattern chains. I do bitch about program change->pattern change not being instant but whatever. I know many here play ‘for fun’ - to me, it’s great when it’s fun, but I’m often producing other people’s work, and a lot of the time that’s just “work”. OB would be such a time saver.

If I never had OB to begin with, and indeed it turned out to be vaporware, I wouldn’t miss it. I’ve been creating just fine without it for 20 years. But I’ll take that money back thank you very much! Really all I need is a drum machine. Digitakt looked like the Ferrari of drum machines. I even thought “huh, I might be able to ditch Ableton when playing live with this thing…” So I splurged. I do like the device, but it has yet to check all the boxes for me. OB, a way to back up my work in case it gets stolen, and the pattern change situation would pretty much make me say - “they nailed it…as far as my needs are concerned”

5 Likes

Actually surprised at how well thought out your explaination was. Made sense, valid point.

This is not serious!!! first you must pay to overbridge, after not, but you must wait… what´s up??? 1 year waiting! Its normal? i need a official request!!!