Deluge vs M8 tracker

can’t find any clips of it

in the sampler view all you have to do is change the SLICE parameter to whichever amount of evenly spaced slices you want on the file. or you can specify individual slice points in the sample editor that are then saved to the file

1 Like

Or you can use OctaChainer with evenly spaced grid.

1 Like

does it have transient detection?

no

thanks

It actually does have transient slicing but it doesn’t work very well, at least from my experience.

oh wow, really… I wonder if the dev has any plans to improve it

oop lol my bad, i stand corrected. the other methods of slicing are so fast and apparently more accurate that i never even wanted an auto slicing feature so i never noticed!

what other methods besides the Lfo are there?

are you thinking of the LFO time stretching technique? fast beat slicing is all based in the sample editor for me

no I was talking about this

what are the other methods of chopping?

2 Likes

interesting…

Another neat thing that was added this year:

When you are manually setting slice markers, you can hold a button (OPT) and hit up/down to navigate by beat. So if I’ve got a break at 136 bpm and set my project to the same, I can use this OPT+UP/DOWN shortcut to quickly set markers on-beat

1 Like

your break has to be perfectly looped already for that to work?

Nope. One of the things I’ll frequently do is OPT+Navigate until I get a loop I want, then crop everything after.

But you do already have to have bpms lined up for it to work right. (And then you can do the timestretch lfo trick after once you have a perfect loop)

seriously considering this one, how long does the battery last?

Like 2-4 hours

1 Like