Digitakt purpose?

I know the website looks ancient and sketchy (that is on purpose by the artist). If you look him up Legowelt is a pretty well known artist (and computer nerd).

http://legowelt.org/samples/

If the patches seem a little simple/basic or even cheesy it is because they are meant for other musicians to turn them into something unique, so there isn’t heavy sound design going on.

3 Likes

What an awesome pack!

1 Like

Holy shit, this is cool! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

No problem!

My Win10/chrome combo doesnt seems to appreciate this link neither. But the link is still working pretty well on phone.

@Buska Thanks for sharing tho ! Was looking for something like this pack for a few days.

Seems to be an overzealous security thing with Chrome (same here but on macOS). It will balk at downloading the file, but you can force it to make the download. Just scan it with some third party antivirus software if you’re really concerned.

This demo/tutorial is amazing, but wouldn’t the same result be achieved a lot easier on for instance the Digitone? Also, it’s not ideal having used up all your tracks for “one sound” is it?

I’m asking because I really don’t know, and am not sure if it’s correct what I’m assuming.

1 Like

Nevermind, saw the end just now… Great video and tutorial!!

2 Likes

I think the creativity in this method is pretty expansive. Imagine if you created an interesting sound just using fx pedals, or maybe it came from a field recording and sounded musical, and you wanted to use that sound polyphonically. Or even if you love a certain sound on a mono synth, like the MS-20, and wanted to sample that and use it polyphonically.

2 Likes

Polyphonic 0-coast is a thing of beauty btw :blush:

2 Likes