DIY audio upgrade to OT

so he would pay for the broken machine ?

Itā€™s one dual op-amp per pair of inputs and outputs, right? If so, OPA1644 prices on Mouser right now would make it about $15 for all four for a commercial operation buying quantity, or about $21 for someone who just bought enough to do the mod. For someone with good tools and rework skill itā€™d probably take 20-30 minutes tops but itā€™s also risky so a high bench fee seems fair.

1 Like

Yeah, the Digi sound is unfortunately a class higher than the octatrack. When I put the sound into octa it sounds like decreased mp3 quality

This again! Stop. Extra flattering eq for Digitakt. It doesnā€™t make it higher class! And itā€™s mono.

You probably donā€™t know how to use OT correctly. It has been proven many times that OT is very flat, without noticeable loss.

4 Likes

That was a simple A/B Test. Sound directly from OT and from sample editor in OSX. What could go wrong? My A/D/D/A ? Apogee Rosetta i think its quality is quite good.

Please read this :

1 Like

so this mod seems to be around for a while, any new conclusions if its worth it?

hooking into the i2s signals from the dsp to the dac should be possible with pogo cables on the cirrus dac. from there ifeed them i2s signal into adat converter chipsā€¦ might give it a try soonā€¦so then audio out will be digital with no conversion lost at all.

1 Like