DJ´s Corner

Hi thurrr. Been DJing since 1995, first as DJ Shiva and now as Noncompliant. Started on vinyl, adopted DVS like Serato, and now DJ on CDJs or my Pioneer DDJ-1000.

I am MUCH better at DJing than producing, mostly because I love DJing like nothing else. Synths are fun, but musical collage will always be my favorite fun. :slight_smile:

www.soundcloud.com/noncompliant1 for the goods.

4 Likes

First got decks in 1997. Some Soundlab DLP belt drives and a dodgy KAM mixer with no eqs lol. Think a couple yrs later was when I got my 1210s. Still got them.

Done the techno club nights for 10+years but now I just have a mix etc in the house and fire recordings onto my youtube page. Most sets I do now are using traktor and hardware synced up.

My YT page - https://www.youtube.com/thisall4real

1 Like

Here’s the DJ corner. Not used so much nowadays, but has been the scene of much enjoyment over the years. Got quite good at it at one point too!

6 Likes

I am curious what is in others technical riders in 2023.

It has been a while since I dedicated the majority of my musical efforts to Techno music, as it is normally a side project for fun, but 2023 is the year of temporary change. As a result of a couple planned collaborations with old hometown friends who are heavily active in the industry, I will more than likely participate in a few club events. Below is the top-view equipment schematic included in my recently updated DJ technical rider:

Tech_Rider_Schematic

The DrumBrute Impact, MicroBrute, and RMX-1000 will be furnished by myself, but will require stands setup and positioned accordingly. The turntables and mixer are examples from a list of acceptable options, but are expected to be provided by the venue or promoter. Below is the full list of acceptable turntables:

• Denon DJ VL12 PRIME
  • Pioneer DJ PLX-1000 (preferred)
  • Reloop RP-7000 MK2
  • Stanton ST.150 MK1
  • Technics SL-1200/1210 M5G
  • Technics SL-1200/1210 MK7

Despite the prevalence of Technics in DJ booths, I actually prefer the Pioneer DJ PLX-1000 and will order a pair of my own soon. I am too accustom to having access to pitch ranges greater than +/- 8% and more torque after using the Vestax PDX-2000 and super OEMs for more than 15 years. I sold my SL-1200 MK2s, which were purchased in the 80’s, a long time ago and used the funds to obtain a pair of new Stanton ST.150 MK1 turntables. I do not regret the decision at all. YMMV.

After much thought about media player and DVS options, I decided to stay with using good old vinyl out in the wild, in spite of the greater inconvenience and recommendations to do otherwise. :crazy_face: The reality of other business commitments and personal life preference will prevent too much gigging opportunities regardless. Therefore, a night here or there should not be too cumbersome with proper planning and communication. That said, I love DVS for home use.

1 Like

I orderd a XDJ 700 today, not sure if i get a 2nd one or pair with a sampler, i listen consciously frequently, but i hope to get even more in depth with the listening expierience.

1 Like

do you spin in NYC from time to time? Would love to hear you mix :slight_smile:

vinyl forever!

2 Likes

I was just there a few months ago. I go back fairly regularly. :slight_smile:

1 Like