Do you have good taste

In music? In synths? In home decor? In tv? Do you care about having “good taste” as you get older? Did any of us ever have good taste? Were you ever a tastemaker, or aspired to be one? I think I have good taste in gear. I’m proud of my collection. It’s also pretty ridiculous, all of it.

3 Likes

one man‘s taste is the other man‘s waste

16 Likes

No.

2 Likes

No such thing as good or bad taste. There’s only taste. If you like something, you like it.

5 Likes

My taste in everything is impeccable. Including which threads to read and which to mute. Guess which category this falls in to…

3 Likes

mine is excellent, so

Do you have good taste

the answer is: no :grin:

1 Like

I disagree
Also, I have good taste.

you’re obviously loving this one, since you took the time to comment also! 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

1 Like

In theory, everybody should rank their own taste pretty high, no?

2 Likes

I can’t taste anything since Covid.

13 Likes

I have a thing where I literally can’t be in the same room as a tv with Simon Cowell reality/“talent” show on it.

So yes, I’d say my taste is at least halfway decent.

1 Like

Absolutely not.

I think taste is amongst other things, discernment of details and attributes on aesthetics, some people have it, some don’t, but it is also highly subjective and relative.

I suspect most people think they have good taste, it is probably safe to say that if you only like popular, mainstream easily found things, low hanging fruit, then maybe you don’t, but everyone else who likes those same things will think you do. But that is popularity, which is rarely a benchmark for taste or quality.

None of it matters, buy, use, listen to, watch, wear, make, do etc. what makes you happy, and don’t worry about it.

Also, I have exquisite taste. :laughing:

5 Likes

…i’m a natural born aesthete…

…good taste is for nitpicking loosers…

I used to have good taste.

Now that I’m lost in infinite exploration, I find beauty in little hidden gems that some would hardly find even hearable.
Yet, I think cultivating some curiosity to seek and explore is the way to develop/expand your own taste, so that it doesn’t stay the same nor just try to be any “good”.

1 Like

Depends which bit you taste, I reckon.

1 Like

Haven’t been able to taste anything since I had Covid in May.

3 Likes

Looking back at my long term relationships, I’m going to have to say no, I do not have good taste.

4 Likes

Sometimes.

I taste like pork, which is good.

3 Likes