Does anyone else here make reggae/dub/dancehall with Elektron gear?

Seeing the MT-40 mentioned here reminded me of this article I read the other day:

What an unsung hero!

2 Likes

Tunes here are quality.

I’d love to make some reggae beats on dt to play my guitar n bass along to - anyone got any typical “cheat sheet” patterns for drum machine sequence to make em? (I’d be there all day trying it myself…).

There’s only 1….fucking 1 (!!) reggae beat on my boss rc-10 guitar loop pedal, I’ve played along to it so many times, I need others…

Solid riddem…MD is still my fave drum machines.

1 Like

Do you think, by just using the lfo’s and maybe the fx track on the syntakt, you could you recreate the metallic echo of a spring reverb or the sweeping, high pass filter sound created with the Altec.

Iv been exploring making dub with the Digitakt before selling and now with Digitone and Syntakt.

Wondered if anyone had pushed sound design and tried getting these classic dub effect sounds by just using the internal effect, lfo’s, effects channel etc just sticking to just within the limitations of the Electron boxes no external FX or processing.

still come back to this for inspiration…nice delicate tones and deep feel of the bass…respect!

(RIP Mr. Issac.)

1 Like