Drambo (iOS)

Oh yes, that actually might work!

I think it depends on the other app… and specifically what you want to be able to controll… but with korg gadget and a few others that don’t show up as auv3’s, you just need to have the app running in the background and then it should show up as an option for midi out (within Drambo)

The Aum trick works too.

I think you need to enable “allow background audio in the settings of the IA to be able to hear anything with Drambo in stand-alone. AUM is more flexible with inter app audio since it acts as a mixer, but stand-alone Drambo does work if you setup a midi out module as @TheGhostCat showed in his post.

Hello there Drambo 2.0:

Thanks @bcrichards

13 Likes

ok updating the App Store until this shows up…

while we’re waiting

1 Like

Yeah I’m so excited for the 2.0 to go live!

It’s LIVE!!!

3 Likes

Whoo!!!

Op-1 Field Killer? Bueller…

Great way to help end my superbooth GAS

1 Like

Here’s a little Track I’d like to contribute to the Drambo Community:

You can find the link to the Project File in the YouTube description.

I’ve included the wonky little Master Effects Rack in the file as well so you can have fun performing Control All via the Scenes control when you wanna go a little crazy on your tracks.

Thanks in advance for watching and i hope you enjoy the track and love Drambo 2.0 even more than you thought possible :pray:t3::two_hearts:

8 Likes

The update is stunning. Everything I could wish for :pray:

1 Like

Yeah. It’s been a really wonderful app to use these past months. The Dev did an amazing job with this update.

1 Like

Incredible thanks for the headsup!
Found out yesterday about the update…. Today it dropped :raised_hands:t3: Haha awesome

Excited for the automation implementation- could be huge improvement for me. Still searching for a nice automation in iOS world like logic or in ableton live or so

Here’s one more project before i call it a night:

Link to the project is in the YT Description as well. You may need a few ToneBoosters auv3s but it should work fine if you don’t have them.

1 Like

How it the workflow for live looping nowadays in Drambo? I remember researching Drambo a while ago but decided to wait as the looper module was missing back then…

For Live Looping i prefer LoopyPro hosted by Drambo stand alone.

wow… what a massive update ! :heart_eyes:

Lovely tracks @echo_opera and thanks for sharing the files. I really need to learn Drambo and make an effort with it as the stuff you churn out sounds fantastic.

Looking through the two projects, are you mostly using imported samples with your own Drambo effect chain/racks?

Drambo kind of freezes me like me Octatrack did in the early days. So many things it can do that it’s hard to decide how to use it in order to crack the nut and get into it more. If I do jump down the rabbit hole with it then I’m tempted to ignore the AU support and focus solely on what Drambo brings to the table. For now anyway…

3 Likes

Many thanks. Yeah, for these projects I’m just using my samples to create the compositions and using the Conditional Cycles and different Track speeds to add variety and randomness to the pieces. Trying to do a lot with a little if you will.

Drambo really has become what i always imagined the OctaTrack was going to become…but the learning curve has still evaded me with the OT so i lean in hard with Drambo whenever i can.

3 Likes