DSI Pro 2

Well, I just brought it home. Mint one, even with screen protect still on… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This will be loads of fun! :slight_smile:
I would like to ask - my unit is now with firmware version 1.3… So I would like to update it. Would you recommend the latest official 1.4.0.1 or the Beta 1.4.0.5? I see there are some bug fixes in the latest beta, but is it stable and OK?

Yeah, it’s worth downloading the latest beta. Bit weird that that’s where they left it though.

1 Like

I’m running 1.4.0.5. fine since it came out.
You can also roll back if you are experiencing problems. Visit the DSI Pro2 forum to have an overview.
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=2767.0

2 Likes

I am reading the manual while I am not with the synth… Reading through the list of mod sources and destinations - what are destinations Seq Out 1 and Seq Out 2? There two of these for each of 16 sequencer channels in the appendix list. I somehow can’t figure out what does it mean…

I don’t have a Pro 2 but I believe that these destinations allow you to route the selected modulation source (for example, any of the 16 sequencer tracks) to either of the Pro 2’s MIDI Out ports (1 and 2) on your preferred MIDI channel number (1-16).

For example, the destination “Seq Out 2 Ch 5” allows you to route the selected modulation destination to MIDI Out port 2, channel 5. You can interpret the label as meaning “MIDI Out 2, Ch 5”.

Probably you are right. The lanes of sequencer are called “tracks” not “channels”. I am still confused with the shortcut “Seq” in the name of these destinations.
I was somehow thinking that it is possible to further modulate the outputs of individual sequencer tracks - for example with LFO to get some irregular variations of the sequence. In the same way that “amount” of mod slots 1-16 are destinations. There are “Ext CV out 1-4” prior those I was asking. So now I think it is 32x copied typo and it should be in form “MIDI Out x Ch x” like you wrote…