Electro vs. Electronic?

Anthony Rother - hero (one of them) of my youth :smiley: Saw him live once - such a nice person, too.

1 Like

Decided yesterday to get into a electrophase again and started 3 tracks that I will turn into an LP soon. Got a bunch of semiready from my last phase too. Looked around here but couldnt find a dedicated electrothread but maybe there is. Anyhow: Post your own funk, new and classics and tips/tricks. And listen to Kraftwerk every day. I start of with 2 faves from recently.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Finnish electro rules.

5 Likes

this little kid is doing his thing to some electro

Classic tune that. Ironically, remixed by Bernard Sumner (from New Order) around the time he formed his new band “Electronic”! Electro and Electronic…

1 Like

Ralph Lawson of 2020 Vision and Back to Basics had this show, which I thought was excellent. A mix of old and mainly new Electro (I think):

1 Like

this is also electro

My lowly attempts.

1 Like

Love this video:

And this:

3 Likes

Only saw one Morphology post so I figured I’d add another.
Magnetospheric - YouTube :heart:

Also my boy Cygnus

and the homie E.R.P. aka Convextion

2 Likes

so thats the only electro thread around?!
half of those artists insist on calling electro, techno or technobass.
artist like dopplereffekt are on the cold side of the spectrum, more like droid sex music, then there is aux88 that are more dance oriented so the -bass and the 808s. and then there is all that miami bass sound, thats is warmer and humanly sexy, moogish. when you go to europe things get a bit different. like rother who insists on elektro, even though in the late 2000s he mixed loads of pop and wave music in it. and thats all after the first revival. before that it was electro-funk or electro-boogie or whatever it was called back then…

i’m not an expert, so maybe i got things mixed up.

Gothenburg. Electrocapital of Sweden.

I just think of all the NYC cross-pollination with 808s and hip hop.

What is the platonic ideal of Miami Bass, to you?

I grew up in Miami in the 80s so I’m not arguing with your perception, just always interested how it’s inspired people from without :slight_smile:

The future of pure electro. This dude is crazy talented. Live from a basement in Gothenburg recently.

3 Likes