Elektroid, a GNU/Linux transfer application for Elektron devices

You’re totally right, @PofM. But this.

The building is based on MSYS2, which is a port of many common packages found in GNU/Linux distributions to Windows, including the compilation tool chain.

The msys2 branch is already working well enough but there are still a couple of issues. Anyway, it is not intended to work as a standard Windows application, so no easy to install procedure. Everything is in the autotools realm, so compilation instructions are the same for all platforms, the only particular difference being the needed dependencies. Also, I’m not planning on officially supporting it as I don’t even have a Windows machine so this must be considered as experimental.

@johnnyhaggis, if you are not familiar with compilers and other tools on Unix environments, it would be complicated. Better for you if you stick to Elektron Transfer.

1 Like

Elektroid 2.5.2 was out a few days ago.

These are the new features.

• Speed up device handshake. It was very slow before as the different connectors were tested sequentially.
  • Add support for MicroBrute configuration.
  • Add overwrite confirmation dialog when downloading.
  • Add many improvements to the SDS code.
  • Add MSYS2 support (experimental). This means that it now runs on Windows (with the MSYS2 limitations) but it’s also more OS independent now. I’m not planning on supporting this but it’s here in case anyone wants to work on it.

Some additional notes.

• A flatpack is available at elektroid | Flathub, so now Elektroid can be installed on every distribution with just a few clicks.
  • A NixOS package is coming. More info on this here.
2 Likes