Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Good thing I asked, I was about to go tell about this to someone who is considering buying a Machinedrum… could be a fantastic device though and I wouldn’t be surprised if the next Elektron is a successor to MD.

1 Like

I thought it was “overtakt” :slight_smile:

1 Like

just based on what their current lineup allows for and the name formatting it seems like it could be a digital drum synth something like the machinedrum (nonuw) to pair with the digitakt?

Maybe it’s just a band or a musical, I mean look at the name

-Synth Act-

1 Like

Actually the screen capture was from @pablo101, their very first post in the community.

And the first person to talk about this was
@pentagraham

But @Jukka might have been the most psyched about this, to the point they created a dedicated thread.
And I must admit that I messed a bit with the timeline of the discussion ^^

1 Like

I love my DT and like the DN but always wanted a sub synth in that format as the A4 is great but too large for my area…so a DT sized sub synth would be PERFECT…for me…but yet another drum synth…UGH

2 Likes

[In a Göteborg bar, close to closing time]

Man 1: Hey, hey, how about if we trademark “Kontakt”, and then “leak” it by a Reddit post by a throwaway account that we delete after a few hours? That ought to really get them going and they won’t realize they’re being… Konned!

Man 2, laughing: Kind of obvious, though…

Man 1: You’re right. Maybe “Intakt”, because that’s how we want to keep their illusions?

Man 2: Still kind of obvious, but what about “Syntakt”?

[Both men stare at each other, grins slowly widening…]

5 Likes

I like Taktgefühl.

2 Likes

nice. im sure people wanna p-lock their sweep picking

2 Likes

I believe takt kind of means tempo in Swedish? So if the digitakt is a digital drum computer (samples), then maybe there’s a good chance the syntakt is a synthetic drum computer (anlogish)?

Sorry if someone already said this.

Yep, plenty, and you’re probably right on the money.

4 Likes

I’m glad we all are right on the money. Just trying to get the thread to 1000+ posts so they will announce the product.

7 Likes

And before him there was some first time poster on Subreddit, who posted about the trademark, and got their post deleted and for all we know got banned because nobody believed them.

The information has been sitting online with the Swedish Trademark Office for nearly two months. I’m glad we all “know” about it now.

Hopefully people who are involved reporting this sort of news are doing the real work and are talking to the people in press relations, or anyone else they can buttonhole at Elektron Music Machines, to at least get the official "No comment. " Or maybe just maybe something like, “Yes there is a project, no comment.” Or even better a real source of some substance.

2 Likes

Okay sorry for that, I rectified it
and sorry @Jukka you are now less famous :wink: thanks for reading the website :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn’t want any of that anyways. Courtesy might have been a PM and i could have set things straight.

1 Like

This is literally the biggest fuss about a trademark application since Cyberpunk.

7 Likes

you are definitely not following the trademark news from Behringer :wink:

6 Likes

Good point, well made.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I know this is petty of me. But I felt the need to fight back against the mandala effect

10 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks that this is going to be a wavetable synth in digi form, most likely?

It’s the only type of synthesis not covered by other elektron products. 2 FM synths, 3 sampler, , 2 analog.

4 Likes