Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #10: Voting and Feedback

3 Likes

I used Hey Arnold as well :smiley:

1 Like

wow, i totally missed the voting results. congrats @Yabba!

will post notes later. it’s been busy around here lately with family, work, etc. stuff.

props to all, once again!

4 Likes

hmmm… why is this post hidden? that’s probably why i missed the vote results earlier. anyway, here are my notes.

1. tough intro. this track’s all business, like an intro song for a boxing match. nice variation, the samples work well together, those falling bombs/glissando strings or whatever in the background add to the tension.
  2. whew… love those drums. mix is up in my face, but in a good way; lots of punch. the samples all flow really well. all the little variations make it jump.
  3. solid samples choices. the track feels a little distant or murky.
  4. nice interplay between the vocal sample and the melodic elements. punchy drums. nice variation. i dig it.
  5. a choppy beat! the really short sample hits give this a disconcerting vibe, but it works.
  6. rough and tough out the gate with the crunch. this one’s both playful and ominous. triplet hi-hats give the track some solid energy.
  7. oof, that guitar chop… the drums are super punchy. first thought was that this has to be more than 10 samples, but i won’t be surprised if it’s 10 or fewer. sounds very glued together.
  8. some electric mayhem with interesting sample choices. it feels like an audio collage.
  9. classic break and interesting chops. i like the grit all over this track and the scratching.
  10. filtering, stuttering, and sweeping in the intro made me feel like we were going to be on a wild ride, but the track mostly meanders on. nice track for a foggy night scene by the docks.
  11. this feels like a broken beat ceremonial sacrifice song. interesting flow. i dig the sample choices and the space you left around the elements.
  12. there’s the classic gadget line! nice wompy bass, good cuts; this one drives. it feels a little distorted in the middle, but maybe that’s just me. the song structure is solid.
  13. ha… i love this one. it really jives with the theme. the beat works well with the sing-song kids show theme. a short and sweet remix, almost.
  14. really nice intro. i’m a sucker for rhodes. this has that classic feel.
  15. mine, and i’m not sure i like it…
  16. i hear doom on this already. really cool cinematic vibe here. the mix sounds both pleasing but also like it needs something, to my ears. dope track.
  17. nice little touches in here, including the ending. that metallic bass keeps things moving.
  18. this sounded like a pop song to me, like a new duran duran joint. solid mix. i can’t recognize any of the samples. good job crafting a song that sounds so unique from the sources
  19. is this a pineapple joint? this almost sounded like a digitakt creation, but i’m not so sure. props for little nods to the sources throughout.
  20. getting “in the air tonight” vibes on this one. nice track.
  21. this one feels like a rock/pop song with the darker tones throughout. cool track.
3 Likes

Yeah sorry it’s hidden. @LyingDalai can you please unhide it? :pray:

1 Like