Emotional Support Thread: I wasn't planning on a Digitakt although now i am

Totally surprised. Not sure if i am emotionally prepared for such a complete turnaround.

3 Likes

There there. :hug:

2 Likes

It was all so sudden. There were coloured lights, I remember that … and then … ummm Digitakt yo …
very much do want.

3 Likes

You should have used protection :wink:

7 Likes

There are no “shoulds” in an infinite universe lolzor

2 Likes

It could’ve happened to anyone. Be glad your safe with Cenk tutorials on youtube.

oh well now you guys have made it awkward. this isn’t a very emotionally supporting support thread.

Hello, My name is Josef from Pin Up Club and i’m a DT-holic.

It’s been 2 minutes since my last DT video on youtube.

…i’ve seen @cuckoomusic SuperBooth video at least 3 times, i need help.

3 Likes

Confuse your DT focus by also watching OT videos

10 Likes

hilarious on so many levels

2 Likes

also the process of postponement is a scope-creep-susceptible scenario.

first one thing then the other.

less gear is best.

and then sometimes, more gear is more awesome.

but yeah, i guess the main thing is to assess what one is keen to achieve and then go about doing direct or supportive/preparatory activities towards achieving such.

I reckon this is about Nord :smiley:

2 Likes

i thought it was about the legendary rare red sh-101 … also partially referenced in The Regular Show as “The Power”

2 Likes

I’m like you, but then I realized I’m not going to be able to pick up all these little boxes Elektron are about to crank out, so I’m waiting for the one that focuses/offers interesting synthesis (FM/Additive/hybrid/etc.) because I’m actually ok with my current means of incorporating samples into my music. Hopefully, this box that focuses on synthesis will also offer midi sequencing because I think that’s the major draw about the DT for me.

3 Likes

AHAHAHAHA!!! This is so funny, cause that’s pretty much how I feel. anymore of these?

lots of The Packrat here: http://www.umop.com/packrat.htm

1 Like

Not saying don’t get the DT, but you do know that Maschine Jam along with Maschine software can do all that the DT can do and more?
I’m all for lusting after a bit of hardware, but realized that I actually have a lifetime of sounds and pattern making to explore. I’ve put an embargo on myself. No outgoings on music making equipment unless something comes a long that is so radical that it would change the way I make music.

1 Like

yes, so true … although did you notice, Elektron have returned to square trig keys with the Digitakt? That is pretty revolutionary.

2 Likes

DT is a hell of a drug

3 Likes

I’m picking up a Korg Odyssey today. Two notes are better than one right ?

3 Likes