Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

really hope the LXR-02 keeps all the per track sample rate reducers, as well as the global SRR (mightve been a feature from an alternate firmware?)

yeah, Juno tend to spring pretty early too. Their price is now up to £505.

Definitely interested but know I don’t need-need a drum machine and so, happy to take stock when we all hear more sounds and thoughts on both this and the Korg Drumlogue in time.

2 Likes

I’d be super-interested in a DB-01, LXR-02, SomeLead-03 setup.

But ES has me in the weird position where I’m trying not to collect any more — as every unit I don’t buy gets me closer to justifying a Syntrx :wink:

3 Likes

Sounds good. I’m sold.

Seems like a Nord Drum 2, with a sequencer.

1 Like

I was like “meh” until the last minute.

Now I’m in.

7 Likes

I don’t know, that display is going to mess with my MicroMonsta 2 muscle memory…

1 Like

After that video, the thing is out of my mind now.

I just don’t like tiny gear :smiley:

Its def running the original firmware and not the bc. Def a full pcb redesign. And def a little smaller. He says 64 bar sequencer so that must be what the added ‘bar’ buttons are for. Good sleuthing @Stefon :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Okay, he did mention the best partner for the db01…

It’s probaply an endless rotary encoder like on the orig. LXR.
Erica uses these caps for encoders, on the Black Sequencer for example.

I went off and listened to Nord Drum videos and now I want a Nord Drum 3P.

6 Likes

Looking at the interface, the new “project” button leads me to believe there is probably a new scheme. Now it could just be a 16 pattern set = a project, and you still load them in the background.
I don’t see any “bank” UI cues, so that could be the case.

I would hope that there are 16 banks x 16 patterns (OT style!) all available at once. We’ll have to wait and see. I asked ES in the comments on their YT video.

1 Like

This looks very interesting. Excited to learn more about it. I’m a sucker for matching gears. Wish it had an audio input, would’ve paired even better with the DB01.

2 Likes

I love those hexagonal imprints that are all over so much modern gear. Elektron too!

Definitely has some Erica Synths’ DNA

love my Nord drum 3p :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was interested in the nord drums until this. Not that I’m not interested in them anymore, but this will be easier to get and seems to scratch a similar itch.

Just noticed that in the above video, there seems to be a note value on the voice page. It looks like it will be possible to ensure your drum sounds are in key. Something I really wish my 8s could do. Really looking forward to learning more about this product.

1 Like

haha wtf, the pattern at 3:00 in that video sounds so much like one of my tracks that I did a double take, thinking that I’d somehow pressed something and made my track play.
edit: this one.

… I’m basically being pressured into buying this, because it’d be so cute next to my DB-01. Like an evil version of the TB-03/TR-06 combo.

6 Likes

WRT firmware updates, I hope they ditch NRPN in the MIDI spec like Brendan Clarke did in his version. To quote his README: “banished to the forbidden zone”.

5 Likes