Favourite Max For Live Sequencers

Lacking the algorithmic aspects but have a look at ‘Strokes’ - particularly the recent 3.9 update that extends it into being a sample player. 4 tracks of step-sequencing/euclidean sequencing with lots of really cool modulation possibilities. Now a VST rather than M4L though. An alternative might be Novel Music’s SEEDS collection (could check out PolyMath tutorial on YouTube and see if you vibe with it).

Novel Music make really interesting devices - came here to shout about Travelogue which I’ve just picked up - inspired by Turing Machine and MI Marbles but with lots of its own cool stuff going on.

2 Likes

Beautiful thanks for this. I’m off to watch some videos!

1 Like

From doing a bit more digging (and boy do you have to dig!) this one also looks kinda Play-esque

https://killihu.vstskins.com/sequencer-ki/

2 Likes

Hypnus Slink Midi! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Just discovered this yesterday and had a ton of fun with it. Coming from a more hardware and modular based setup, I’ve been really blown away with all the max for live devices out there. ML-185 would’ve been about a $500 investment if it was hardware!

1 Like

Continuing my quest for semi-generative sequencers primarily for creating drum patterns that change a little as a song evolves; this came up and looks good. Not sure why but I’ve glossed over this a bit when looking at the official site…

1 Like