LET US RENAME THE
MIDI CC CONTROLS!

No-one, I repeat no one wants to remember that:
cc29 is setup to map envelope decay
cc13 is setup to map filter cutoff
cc26 is setup to map ratio
cc31 is setup to map spectral sparkle
cc46 is setup to map the wangdoodler

Why can’t we name and save these with what they are mapped to?

Especially after closing and reopening your project after a few days and completely forgetting what you mapped.

7 Likes

yes i realized that too :confused:

problem is func+page+(other function) will be too much of a finger juggle. i’d happily sacrifice fill to page+yes or something like that for all the other functions heheh

1 Like

Already a problem with Octatrack : up arrow + page is required for regular FILL. :meh:

2 Likes

I like these ideas.

1 Like

i was thinking of these for the DIGI boxes (and maybe analogs). OT is special case and i assume there is no more space left for extra functions in it anyway

1 Like

I want to be able to save different things independently. Like I want to be able to save an LFO preset sperate from the sound. I want to be able to save a single pattern sequence separate from the sound source. I want to be able to save effect settings. I think this would be super useful for specific stuff, like I can never remember what LFO speed and multiplier gives me a 4 bar LFO.

3 Likes

Page preset ? Sounds nice

Parameters slides on all Elektron machines (including the models). This is the most unique feature of the Elektron sequencer nowadays.

3 Likes

“Linked Patterns” for the Digi boxes.

One of my biggest frustrations is that when creating pattern variations everything needs to be copied from the source pattern to the variation; this is fine for the initial duplicate, but if the source changes later, you need to manually copy the correct changes back. Not a dealbreaker but I actually find it quite stressful to keep everything organised this way.

I think it would be cool if, when creating pattern, a “linked pattern” could be assigned. When a pattern is associated with a linked pattern, each of its tracks has three possible modes:

• lock to source - all track data (trigs, sounds, plocks) is taken from the source pattern
  • lock sound to source - the track sound settings from the source pattern are kept, but trigs and plocks are not
  • independent - all track data is independent of the linked pattern

This arrangement would drastically reduce the housekeeping involved in creating pattern variations where only a subset of tracks need to change. With some clever use of LED colours I think an intuitive interface could be possible.

4 Likes

More flexibility with FX: I rarely use the chorus (A4, DN) or the reverb, but I’d love to have more delays. So a setting that gives me another delay instead of those other FX would make my day. I don’t care if that setting is per pattern or per project.

1 Like