FM workshop livestream + Live/DJ sets

Actually I secretly hope the video is lost so we can get that “real Digitone tutorial”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like I’m not able to retrieve it… Damn, that’s so dumb, sorry. Really didn’t pay attention last night when I was tidying up the Downloads folder. :confused:

2 Likes

me too, haha

One hour after you deleted it, I was trying to download it.
What a pity, it was ace!

Don’t you use TimeMachine (+ do you use it on Downloads folder, which is unlikely)?

hey is the Max video lost as well? can’t see it on the channel!

Is it?

No problem… but a nie tut for the DN would compensate - maybe also with a tiny bit q&a?

@Ess I would love another live about Digitone and one about Max too! I’m so sad I have missed these two, maybe you could ask on social medias if someone downloaded it? Thanks for spending time helping and inspiring others btw!

Could someone please describe clipping on the DN? Unfortunately I missed that stream. I was blown away by @Ess’s cycles performance (https://youtu.be/Ur-6JKo_3Ys), and I have been trying to do something similar on the DN. I don’t manage to distort the sound enough, only using feedback, drive, and master overdrive. Things just get loud. Help me understand!

The trick is to use a HP filter with cranked resonance!

3 Likes

Thanks so much dude! I didn’t think to try that…
That definitely helps with the distortion, and its nice to be able to choose which sounds are affected. Damn I love this machine.
Now I’d wanna test out the new filters the DT got, maybe DN gets them too.

Followup: Do you know if the master volume has any affect on when clipping occurs, or the overall quality of the sound? Not sure if I only hear more of the distorted frequencies as I pump up the volume, or its actually changing something.

1 Like

I can’t remember about the master volume, sorry. The track volumes definitely affect it though so make sure you max them out

1 Like

Yeah, makes sense. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

no prob, I think most of us DN users on the forum are eagerly awaiting the next update after seeing what they did with the DT!

1 Like