For ABLETON USERS how you sync MD without monitoring latency

Agreed and there isn’t any real solution for the OP particularly if he’s using that setup live without spending money on a sync device or higher-end sound card. Better yet perhaps learn to only use hardware.

A Berhinger FCA1616. Is good… A little noisy but lots of ins for a good price.

A Berhinger FCA1616. Is good… A little noisy but lots of ins for a good price.[/quote]
Excuse me but if you’re experiencing a 27ms round trip of latency with a USB I/O then you need to look further a field. At what Sample Rate and Buffer setting was this? Analog to analog round trip for a USB device should be in the ball park figure of at least 7.0ms at 96k with a buffer of 64 samples.

A Berhinger FCA1616. Is good… A little noisy but lots of ins for a good price.[/quote]
Excuse me but if you’re experiencing a 27ms round trip of latency with a USB I/O then you need to look further a field. At what Sample Rate and Buffer setting was this? Analog to analog round trip for a USB device should be in the ball park figure of at least 7.0ms at 96k with a buffer of 64 samples.[/quote]
I think it is 27ms latency for midi clock, not audio. It is not depending on buffer and sample rate.

You have a midi start latency to ,you can fix it in ableton Midi sync,
but no miracle for the internal clock of MD,
That’s the Test of Innerclock at 120 Bpm with GND Imp (os 1.62)

1 Like

That makes better sense. All I’m only to say is Sync-Gen, Sync-Gen, Sync-Gen.

sure “I think” it’s a real better sense ???
if you are another machine you can use the midi clock
the best way it’s forget the midiclock from Md,Octatrack have a better Clock

Nice article about syncing external in Ableton