Funk Illuminati Tunes

^A dubby little beat I made a while back. Chill and mellow.

^The first beat I made on the Elektron Model Samples. It was made with all factory samples right out of the box (before I loaded all my own sounds into it. I was already a bit familiar with the interface from owning the Model Cycles for a year and from Cuckoo’s tutorial video, and this was the first thing that popped out of it. For once, I didn’t run it through a bunch of effects either, just left it as it was.

^A very recent original instrumental tune. I like the arpeggiation.

3 Likes

I dig it.

3 Likes

Here are a couple more new originals that I’m very proud of. Might put one of these up in the current sounds thread as well. @Francis, thank you very much for listening. I would like to check out your tunes as well. PM me a link or some instructions on where to start (if you have time). I think your setup (gear selection) is magnificent and look forward to hearing your tunes!

1 Like

^I had forgotten about this one. It’s pretty rad though I think.

^This is one of my favorites. If you listen close, it sounds like the beat is whispering, “I’m the coochie man,” and the lyrics that I have written for it are very sexual, so it works perfectly. Vocal version coming soon (as soon as I can figure out how to eliminate the latency, lol, I think I might just use a phaser)

^A short little abstract song. Might use it as an interlude or something.

1 Like

Damn fine percussion

2 Likes

is there really no coochie man sample behind generate the funky? it’s articulated pretty clearly but maybe it’s an auditory hallucination due to your suggestion that it’s there.

vehicle is a dope trip hop beat

1 Like

There really is no coochie man sample. It’s the way I have the effects routed that’s making it happen. Truly trippy.

1 Like

it’s a crazy phenomena, I really hear it

1 Like

Me too! So does my wife. And it works perfectly for the song because it’s basically about getting freaky.

1 Like

I can’t extract the feeling of hearing a sample from the reality of the situation, it’s tripping me out

1 Like

Lyrics for Generate The Funky:

Thing the do baby, thang it well
Sang ya tune baby, gone an’ wail
Do the thang baby, yous a pro
It’s so perfect how you work it that’s fa sho
Keep it going till it’s flowing like a river
Then spread it open, I’ma kiss it till you quiver
Hallelujah! Blessings where they’re due,
And we gone have to change the dressings when we through.

(Hook)
Thing the do baby, do ya thang (SHAKE)
Den generate tha funky, yah mean? (WAIT)
Hallelujah! I see you do (GREAT)
We gone make a wicked mixture me and you (FATE)
Thing the do baby, do your thang (TASTE)
Kiss the tip of the blick till it bang (FACE)
Hallelujah! Blessings 'for the food (GRACE)
Too cool for school but I’m abiding like the dude (ACE)

Thing the do baby, do your dance
Let me see you Waka Flocka with no hands
Hallelujah! Do you like church!
Kneel atcho altar and worship at your purse
Thing the do baby, thing it well
Get up on it, how you want it, heads or tails?
Hallelujah! Yous a belle,
Erythang you do is magick, cast a spell

(Repeat Hook)

Thing the do baby, do ya thang,
Then generate tha funky yah mean,
Hallelujah! I know you do
I’m in your garden can I nibble on some fruit?
Do the thing baby, thang the do,
I gots some fruit if you wanna nibble too
Hallelujah! Blessings 'for the meal
To the window, to the wall, to the rest, ya’ll know the deal!

Do the thang baby, thang the do,
It’s time to generate the funky me and you
Thang the do baby, do tha thang
Twerk it work it nothing but a g string (strang)
Work ya magic baby, pet it like a puppy
I get ecstatic when you generate the funky
Hallelujah, I see you in the mood
Put some music on and just grind to the groove

(Repeat Hook)

1 Like

I think the word for this is provocative! I might hear the sample more now

1 Like

^This is an old song that I made by beatboxing and playing a kalimba into the Line 6 DL4 MKII using the one switch looper mode. It’s a pretty one, for a change, and very different from what I normally do.

^This is a brand new song made by running Moog Werkstatt and Model Samples into the RC-505 MKII. There is also a wee bit of beatboxing on this track as well.

1 Like

^A pretty ambient tune I did a while back. I’m really not sure what I made this on. It’s a far departure from my usual sound but I like it alot.

^I’m not sure what I think about this one. It’s not my favorite thing I’ve ever done but I don’t hate it. If someone were to PM me telling me to scrap it, I probably would. Thoughts?

1 Like

^Chill song that has grown on me over time.

^Strange psychtronica

1 Like

sounds like a movie soundtrack, even the ambient and the video gamey one you posted with it - now you need a movie to put it all to

1 Like