Gear that is art

I don’t know the technical specifics but they introduce this kind of resonance-like sparkle and tube saturation/burn to the sound. It’s very difficult to describe. Those are to be adjusted by hand, controlled with cv or with the other channels audio signal. There is a knob selecting which channels audio is modulating them.

3 Likes

Wonder how it sounds. Sure looks impressive and a piece to never let go.

1 Like

Cordovox CDX

The top tier is a Moog Satellite

17 Likes

I might make some kind of a demo vid of those modulators at some point, and link it here. My studio room is like an oven during the summer it seems. My first summer in this house and I haven´t played a note in that room in weeks.

2 Likes

There’s also Knifonium, another tube gear manufacturer from Finland. Sounds unbelievable. I had a chance to play one in a synth expo few years ago. I think AFX has one of these too, of course…

6 Likes

I can neither confirm nor deny that I just ordered one of these.
it’s gear, and it’s art.

6 Likes

Am I missing something?

Is the price in the link a pre-order price?

Edit: Still can’t work it out… Feeling quite dim.

I’ll know, for sure, in 7-10 days.

Given that the artist’s insta and the neontalk site both don’t mention a production run that I can see and that those are clearly the same photos on a random scammy looking site, either you got scammed or it’s IP theft.

1 Like

I don’t play poker or slots - but this was a gamble I’m comfortable with.
Worse case scenario, I argue with paypal for my $60.

Yup, that’s exactly the bet that the scammers think you’ll take. The point isn’t really the money for you, but rather that you’re supporting an ecosystem that makes the world worse for everyone.

1 Like

That photo was stolen from the website mentioned here

Odds are you will end up having to fight for a refund of $60 or whatever you paid. I nearly got suckered in myself to that sus website.

2 Likes

feeling pretty clownish now, guys.
where would I be without the Elektronauts?

still - the legit design is very pretty -

4 Likes

4 Likes

Just do it now, they list everything for sale. 0% chance of legitimacy.

Edit: Good good.

49 Likes

3 Likes

I can’t imagine this thread without this re-issue of the mini KORG 700s.

mini KORG 700FS

14 Likes

That is gorgeous, love how harmoniously those two from different eras work together .

You win! :heart:

1 Like