Geert Bevin MIDI Tape Recorder plugin with MPE

Aside your little joke, I am not sure whether there are so many users on this forum who use an iPad for sequencing. I mainly do so for MPE, for the rest it is hardware sequencing. You can use MTR on Mac, as an AU, then again that’s out of reach for Ableton and Bitwig, which now support MPE anyway.

Yeah, when I started this thread in 2021, I was still on my creaky old iMac. I didn’t have a hardware MPE controller, but there was enough interest shown here from other people that I shared Geert’s app when I came across it.

Can’t speculate as to why not more Osmose owners have not used Geert’s app or at least been more vocal about it. Money at least should not be a barrier.

As of 2023, I have the shiny new Macbook which runs Ableton more smoothly than the old iMac so I’m honestly not sure how much motivated I’ll be to try recording MPE data from Osmose into anything but Ableton. Never say never though!

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Suspect, and I sequence hardware and software with my iPads.

2 Likes

great, now we are two :sunglasses:

Where any two of us congregate, Buad is with us!