Great reverb wanted

I love the gamechanger audio light pedal. It’s a spring reverb and it’s really playable. And what’s really important, it has a drive knob!

2 Likes

Well thanks for so much advice and care. I’ve just ordered a CXM 1978. I bailed on a PCM81 on FB marketplace when I just couldn’t be sure it was a safe transaction.

Anyhow, here’s hoping it is as good as I hope

1 Like

Do you happen to know, before I spend time trying to do something I don’t know will work, if I can use usb out of my MBP into the usb of my XR18 as a send and return? This may be the stupidest qn ever needing only an ‘of course you can’t, do you know nothing’

@obscurerobot @Bemo

If it may be possible I’m happy to try to sort it (I’m good enough at instruments, not so good at mixers and the like)

Intention is to try a reverb plugin without having to buy a MOTU M4 or other interface as suggested earlier in this thread

Any interface with both inputs and outputs should do the job.

2 Likes

That’s great and I was specifically wondering if the XR18 can be configured to have its usb as both send and return to have my mbp as a parallel effect…

Ok think it is possible so will just sit and try…:blush:

1 Like

You’ll need an audio interface.

1 Like

Ok thanks :+1:

I’m pretty sure the XR18 acts as a multichannel audio interface.

How many inputs and outputs are available when using it as an audio interface? I have a vague memory of it having a lot of inputs and outputs (to and from the computer).

You should be able to find a way to do it I’m pretty sure.

2 Likes

+1 for Valhalla DSP reverb plugins

Access Virus reverb gets a lot of use in my sessions

5 Likes

I’m just going to have to sit and try to see if I can get this to work.

MBP via usb as a send and return with a free plugin. My concern is I could be trying to do something it just doesnt do.

I use the XR18 with a hardware XLR out (it has 6 sends) to 1/4 inch returns for hardware. It’s just whether I can do this via USB…

I realize this discussion was mainly focused on hardware, but didn’t want to start a new thread.

Checking out the demo at the moment… it’s pretty lush! :wink:

1 Like

ever heard about the YAMAHA REV 5? In this video the guy says, JUNKIE XL used 2 of those for his soundtracks. I think they are fantastic for digital dancehall reagge and synth pop and you great for live use because of the good onboard EQ

2 Likes

I ended up with a PCM81 with card. It’s very good

1 Like