Guilty (music) Pleasures

I love the song in general but itโ€™s the vocal style that make me keep this to myself.

2 Likes

HAh, sounds like Jaz Coleman if he was a huge dork. Not too bad!

1 Like
1 Like

Maybe the thread should be renamed to ยซold goodiesยป?:beers:

1 Like

When I first heard this I thought it was so mid-2000s but now I find it so catchy

Pa paya paya!

4 Likes

If those are not guilty pleasures then I donโ€˜t know โ€ฆ.

1 Like

Never understood this term.
Thereโ€™s no reason to feel guilty for listening to a great track. Man up and listen to girlie or whatever tunes.
Sigh

You guys are 14 and trying to fit in or sumthing? :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Iโ€™ve gotten people here to laugh at me for other things.

Buttโ€ฆ nothing I posted on this thread got the laffs going, not even the yacht rock stuff or hair metal

I got a hateful response once for posting this. I dished right back to him (non violently but still funny) when I saw him in person afterwards

Listening to Divine can never be guilty. However, the other day I found my Walk Like A Man 12" had mysteriously transformed into a Paul Weller CD that came free with a newspaper (and not something I would keep either). It was found inside the sleeve when I brought some records out of ten years in storageโ€ฆ so where the vinyl is I now have no idea.

Update: the 12" turned up alone in its sleeve 6 months later in another box of discs. Phew!

2 Likes

Iโ€™m not embarrassed to like particular things but It can feel embarrassing if someone mocks it in my presence.

Sometimes I can laugh it off, but I do keep some things to myself.

word. lemme re-itterate my previous postโ€ฆ

Well, music snobbery can happen with anything really.

โ€œSwish Swishโ€ by Katy Perry.

I had to let it out. Now that everyone knows, i donโ€™t feel guilty about it anymore.

Thank you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, what a charming story with a sad sad endingโ€ฆ.

1 Like